Michael Foods, Inc. is a leader in the food processing and distribution industry with business in egg products, refrigerated grocery and potato products. We offer exciting job possibilities throughout our organization where you can enhance your career, sharpen your talents and make an impact. Join our company and be part of an innovative team that's First in Food.POSITION SUMMARY:
Employee is responsible for the husbandry of birds and egg production. Employee makes sure birds have the adequate temperature and lighting, feeding and water and a clean environment. Daily tasks include, cleaning, pulling mortality and keeping water readings as well as production flow. Responsible for keeping daily charts on water, temperatures and maintenance under the UEP Guidelines and Animal Care. DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
PREFERRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Operates 1 to 3 houses.
- Keep houses clean.
- Responsible for making sure the chickens have the proper amount of water, feed, proper temperatures, clean house and maintenance.
- Responsible for keeping daily charts on water, temperatures and maintenance.
- Must work closely with supervisor and maintenance.
- Keep all feed chains working at all times.
- Replaced all burned out light bulbs.
- Keep catwalks and manure pits clean.
- Keep all fans, screens and motors clean and protected with shields.
- Responsible for removing all dead chickens daily and counting them.
- May be required to assist with manure operations.
- Operate manure equipment
- Maintenance work must be done immediately, if major problems arise contact supervisor.
- Adhere to safe work practices, follow GMP's, maintain sanitary conditions and ensure that product quality is maintained. Report to management any conditions or practices that may adversely affect food safety, food quality or personnel safety.
- Able to work weekends, holidays and overtime as needed.
- Travel to and work at multiple locations.
- Adhere to all safety policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Able to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Capable of writing simple correspondence. Able to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations.
- Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers.
- Capable of applying common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in oral form.
- Able to deal with problems involving one concrete variable in standardized situations.
- Free of any breathing or asthmatic conditions, dusty and aromatic conditions prevail.
- Able to lift up to 20 lbs. in each hand and carry it for at least 250 feet.
- Capable of being in various positions, bending, kneeling, crawling, climbing, etc.
- Demonstrates the ability to work effectively with others to complete work assignments.
- Open to change.
- Positive interpersonal relationships.
- Able to work independently and with others in a team environment.
- Self-motivated while also willing to ask questions and seek direction.
- Displays responsible behavior at work.
Posting ID: 575796552Posted: 2020-09-24