This position supports the work of the Y, a leading nonprofit, charitable organization committed to strengthening
community through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. Under the direction of the
Health and Wellness Director this position's primary goal is to develop and implement individualized approaches
to exercise in healthy populations and or/ those individuals with medical clearance to exercise in accordance
with the YMCA Health and Wellness Program Model.
Our mission and core values are brought to life by our culture. In the Y, we strive to live our cause of
strengthening communities with purpose and intentionality every day. We are welcoming: we are open to all.
We are a place where you can belong and become. We are genuine: we value you and embrace your
individuality. We are hopeful: we believe in you and your potential to become a catalyst in the world. We are
nurturing: we support you in your journey to develop your full potential. We are determined: above all else,
we are on a relentless quest to make our community stronger beginning with you.
1. Promotes the YMCA's healthy spirit, mind and body philosophy through individualized personal exercise
2. Screen and interview potential clients to determine their readiness for exercise and physical activity.
3. Perform fitness tests or assessments (as appropriate) on clients to determine their current level of fitness.
4. Help clients set realistic goals and provide motivation for adherence to the program.
5. Ability to develop and deliver exercise prescriptions to all clientele.
6. Demonstrate and instruct specific techniques to clients for the safe and effective performance of various
exercise movements by applying the fundamental principles of exercise science.
7. Supervise or "spot" (physically assisting clients with an exercise that usually involves free weights or
dumbbells to minimize risk of injury) clients when they are performing exercise movements.
8. Maintains records of clients' progress or lack thereof with respect to the exercise prescription
9. Motivate individuals to begin and to continue healthy behaviors.
10. Performs all other duties as assigned.
The YMCA Welcomes a Diverse Workforce
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
Posting ID: 575803903Posted: 2020-09-30