Industrial Controls Engineer
Location: Cheshire CT
USA Authorized candidates only
***Working from an office starting from the first day (no WFH). THIS IS A CONTRACT TO HIRE POSITION***
Design and maintain control software and hardware used in industrial gas automation equipment. This will include programming, testing, and remote / onsite customer assistance in the deployment of solutions used in the field.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
The key responsibilities of this position include:
● Planning/writing of programming code as necessary, to ensure the end product meets functional goals expected of the product on required schedules.
● Design and develop HMI applications.
● Design and review Instrument & IO network architecture.
● Support the creation of technical product documentation and information.
● Provide on-site assistance during system start-up, commissioning, and maintenance.
● Estimate and report project status.
● 5-12 years experience with industrial automation (e.g., PLCs, DCSs).
● 3-8 years experience with C# and .NET programming is required
● 2-5 years experience with SQL database such as PostgreSQL or MS SQL
● Must be able to write project requirements documentation, and trace implemented functionality back to the requirements.
● Must be able to write and execute software validation plans.
● Must be able to troubleshoot industrial electrical control panels.
● Strong communications and organizational skills are required.
● Experience with Modbus is highly desired.
● Experience programming robotics is a plus.
● Experience with LabVIEW is a plus.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
● Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university in computer science, computer engineering, or related field or five years of relevant experience, or equivalent combination of experience and/or training and education.
● Must be able to travel up to 15 percent annually, and up to 50 percent for short durations.
Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and Google Suite.
COMMUNICATION and/or CRITICAL THINKING SKILLS:
● Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
● Ability to write routine business reports and business correspondence in English.
● Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from employees and/or customers.
● Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
● Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals using the English language.
● Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
● Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent.