CURRENTLY HIRING FOR 1st Shift Material Handler - 6 am - 2:40 pm. $18.00 per hour.
Reports to: DC Operations Supervisor
Distribution Center Material Handler
As a DC Material Handler, you will:
• Handle and maneuver merchandise either as part of a shipping or receiving team according to safety, quality, accuracy and productivity best practices. This includes loading and unloading merchandise and putting away and pulling/picking large scale merchandise.
• Follow safety best practices: ensuring equipment is inspected and properly working; completes DVIR’s; work within safety policies and best practice; product is placed in aisles and boards are properly loaded to ensure a safe environment
• Handle merchandise, assisting others and asking for help when needed. Participates in training and re-training when needed.
• Ensure product is properly handled; alert management to issues regarding packing, tagging, and reports problems with specific product lines.
• Focus on customer service ensuring no damages are shipped to stores or placed in inventory.
• Follow best practices regarding tagging and placement of product and all merchandise is accurately shipped to stores
• Focus on tagging, pulling, placement and loading of merchandise to ensure there are no issues with shipments.
• Utilize time properly and efficiently.
• Achieve production goals without sacrificing safety, quality and accuracy; ensures customers are provided a high level of customer service.
• Work towards continuous improvement and achieving production goals for the company and the DC.
• Communicate and work well with all Team Members.
• Work as a Team to promote a work environment that supports the vision and values of the company
• Contribute towards a positive work environment.
The ideal candidate will meet the following requirements:
• High School Diploma or GED
• Ability to handle merchandise (lift, maneuver).
• Ability to operate equipment to heights exceeding 30'.
• Basic skills in operating hand-held scanning equipment and/or computers.
• Basic matching skills.
• Previous experience working in a production environment.
Performs other duties as assigned by manager
1st shift start rate $18.00 per hour (M-F) 6 AM to 2:40 PM
2nd shift start rate $18.00 + $1.00 shift differential (S-Th) & (M-F) 4 PM - 12:40 AM
3rd shift start rate $18.00 + 1.50 shift differential (M-F) 9 PM - 5:40 AM
Shift start: 6:00AM
Shift length: 8 hours
There may be mandatory overtime as needed on evenings or weekends. Must be available to work holidays due to retail.
Since 1948, American Signature Furniture has helped to furnish America's homes with quality furniture at the guaranteed best prices. Our mission is to make furniture shopping easy. Whether you are furnishing a guest room, a bedroom, a living room or a basement, American Signature Furniture has all the home furnishings you need to create the room or home of your dreams. Visit one of our furniture stores today or buy online - it's up to you. Either way you can browse our amazing selection of furniture complete with sectionals, sofas or couches, beds, dinettes, recliners, TV stands, chairs, chaises, rugs, and so much more.