We are a fast-paced CNC Machine Shop that uses innovative software, hardware, and fully-integrated systems at scale few have seen. The ideal candidate will be comfortable in a high complexity, dynamic work environment.
We're building up our team, and capacity. This is an opening for the 1st shift which is 6:30a to 3:00p, Monday to Friday.
A Machinist I is a skilled machine operator or technician who has demonstrated competence in three major areas of responsibility:
- basic bench operations
- basic metal cutting operations
- basic inspection and quality assurance functions.
This individual can perform these responsibilities in both single and multiple part production. No direct supervision or training responsibilities of other operators or other production workers is assumed at level I.
- Responsible for operating one CNC Machine per established program and set-up.
- Capable of adjusting geometry through machine offset controls to produce good parts to meet customer requirements.
- Can set up and run programs with a max complexity score of 2.5.
- Uses blueprints and 3D models to ensure the proper dimensions and tolerance levels of the finished product.
- Follows established quality, safety and manufacturing standards/processes.
- Performs other duties, consistent with the position, as required or assigned
Position requirements aligned with The National Institute for Metalworking Skills, Inc., Duties and Standards For Machining Skills-Level I (NIMS/ANSI 101-2001)
- Select and use hand tools.
- Perform basic, routine layout.
- Read and comprehend information on orthographic prints and job process sheets for routine manufacturing operations.
- Perform hand fitting and minor assembly.
- Perform bench cutting tasks such as sawing, reaming, and tapping.
- Perform basic, routine preventive maintenance.
- Perform basic housekeeping responsibilities.
Metal cutting operations:
- Identify basic metallic and non-metallic materials.
- Identify and use most accessories and tooling for machining operations.
- Choose an appropriate speed and feed for a given operation.
- Perform basic process planning, setup, and operation of common classes of machine tools such as turning, milling, drilling, or surface grinding machines.
- Select and use coolants appropriately.
- Make suggestions for improving basic machining operations within a structured improvement process.
- Be competent in all safety procedures for all machining operations and material handling and disposal within their responsibility.
Inspection and quality assurance responsibilities:
- Use basic precision measurement tools.
- Follow an inspection process plan.
- Perform basic quality assurance responsibilities for both single and multiple part production including statistical process control.
Other competency areas:
- Follow standardized work procedures in a limited range of standardized work contexts under direct supervision.
- Be competent in all basic aspects of seeking and maintaining employment in the metalworking industry.
- Be able to train
You care about developing real-world solutions for complex problems; you're a creative, critical thinker, and you thrive on new challenges. We value our employees tremendously - we offer generous health benefits, catered lunch once a week, and an all-around great group of people to work with.
Posting ID: 576709697Posted: 2020-10-19