CROWN Cork & Seal USA, Inc., a wholly owned company of Crown Holdings, Inc. is a global leader in the design, manufacture and sale of packaging products for consumer goods. At Crown, we are passionate about helping our customers build their brands and connect with consumers around the world. We do this by delivering innovative packaging that offers significant value for brand owners, retailers and consumers alike. With operations in 36 countries employing over 24,000 people and net sales of over $8 billion, we are uniquely positioned to bring best practices in quality and manufacturing to our customers to drive their businesses locally and globally. Sustaining a leadership position requires us to build a team of highly talented, dedicated and driven individuals.DIVISION OVERVIEW:
Crown's Beverage Division manufactures a variety of packaging solutions for soft drinks, craft beers, coffees and teas as well as new energy drinks. Crown Beverage leads the packaging industry with innovative technologies that redefine how the world looks at beverage cans. With a large printable surface area and a wide range of sizes, shapes and decorating options, our aluminum cans are the perfect packaging format to create compelling brand presence where it counts. Here is your chance to join the Crown Beverage Division.LOCATION:
Crown Beverage Packaging, Conroe Plant #016, 2501 North Frazier Street, Conroe, Texas, 77303POSITION OVERVIEW:
Production Electrician for an aluminum can manufacturing plant. The plant operates on a continuous schedule 24/7. Employees work 12-hour shifts. We also offer and hour shift differential. In addition to a competitive salary, our employees enjoy a full benefits package.
This position will trouble-shoot, repair, program, replace, maintain and install electrical/electronic systems for production related equipment and building utilities within this high-speed metal packaging manufacturing facility. Equipment includes bodymakers, printers,washers as well as other packaging machinery. Responsibilities include following all local, state and federal electrical codes. Documentation of problems and maintenance of equipment and facility systems are also required. These positions will also provide training for equipment operation and safety precautions.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Production Electrician responsibilities would include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Must have a working knowledge of computers, and PLC's.
- Read blueprints, wiring diagrams, schematic drawings, or engineering instructions for assembling or connecting electronic units, applying knowledge of electronic theory and components.
- Identify and resolve equipment malfunctions, working with manufacturers or field representatives as necessary to procure replacement parts.
- Adjust or replace defective or improperly functioning components, using hand tools or soldering iron.
- Assemble, test, or maintain electronic components, according to engineering instructions, technical manuals, or knowledge of electronics, using hand or power tools.
- Perform preventative maintenance or calibration of equipment or systems.
- Maintain system logs or manuals to document testing or operation of equipment.
- Provide support and education, working with users to identify needs, determine sources of problems, or to provide information on product use.
- Write reports or record data on testing techniques, laboratory equipment, or specifications to assist engineers.
- Procure parts and maintain inventory and related documentation.
- Will include other tasks as necessary for the operation of the department and the plant.
- High School or equivalent diploma.
- Must have significant experience in operating production machines.
- Related work experience or technical training/school or technical degrees may be substituted for the required work experience.
- MA electrician's license or related experience and plan to obtain proper licensure.
- Ability to work a 12 hour shift which may include night shift and weekends.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to work in a manufacturing environment Electrical license preferred; or related experience and plan to obtain licensure.
- Knowledge of Allen Bradley/Omron/Direct Logic PLC's is required as well as integrated Window software to analyze AC/DC, single phase and 3 phase generators and AC/DC motors, relays, switches, breaker transformers, and power panels.
- Knowledge of single and 3 phase up to 440 volt.
- Ability to read and interpret mechanical blueprints, electrical schematics and parts specifications.
- Three (3) plus years of experience as an electrician in a manufacturing environment.
- Language skills: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of team members or to customers.
- Mathematical Skills: Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to work effectively both as an individual and in a team environment using collaborative methods.
- Must be committed to ongoing personal training and development.
- While performing the duties of this job, the team member is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls, and reach with hands and arms.
- The team member frequently is required to climb or balance and talk or hear.
- The team member is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- The team member must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Working with high speed automated machines and equipment in a manufacturing plant producing aluminum cans for the beverage industry.
- The plant operates 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 52 weeks a year.
- Will have constant pressure to produce high quality cans and to keep the production line operating.
- The shifts are four (4) days on and four (4) off with the shift starting at 7:00 and ending at 7:00 (12 hours).
- The plant is hot when the weather is hot and cold when the weather is cold.
- Will be assigned to different areas of the plant throughout a team member's work career.
- Must be willing to work all areas of production and on any shift.
- While performing duties, the team member regularly works near moving mechanical parts.
- The team member frequently works in high, precarious places and may frequently be exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and vibration.
- The team member may occasionally be exposed to risk of electrical shock.
- The noise level is loud in the work environment.
Possible Equivalent Military Titles
- Electronics Technician, Radar and Sonar Operator, Electronic Instrument and Equipment Repairer, Communications Equipment Operator, Avionics Technician, Building Electrician, Power Electrician
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Crown offers competitive pay, bonus, comprehensive benefits including free company paid health insurance for employees as well as excellent retirement package including a pension and company matched 401(k).
Take the next step in your career and apply online today at www.crowncork/careers. EEO/AA/Vets/Disabled
Crown is an equal opportunity employer. Crown does not discriminate against any candidate or employee on the basis of race, national origin, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, age, disability, religion, veteran status, or any other status protected by law.