Description Position at JBS USA Food Company
Responsible for supervision of all aspects of assigned production line(s). Takes direction from Production Manager on scheduling, line preparation, and production execution. Direct supervisor for assigned production employees. Manages production for day-to-day control of assigned department activities according to prescribed schedules priorities, production flow, and processing specifications to ensure production efficiencies are met. Enforces company work rules and evaluates assigned work performance and takes corrective action(s). Leads, coaches, and trains assigned personnel on work standards and ensures all procedures and work standards are being followed constantly.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Effectively manages assigned personnel, ensuring optimal performance.
- Leads through effective goal setting, communication, and coaching.
- Assists with personnel decisions including hiring, corrective actions, disciplines, terminations, wage decisions, and promotions.
- Motivates, coaches, corrects, and challenges personnel with a positive approach.
- Expert knowledge for all positions on assigned production line(s).
- Maintains an open dialogue with assigned team members.
- Resolves problems in a direct and positive way when approached with feedback and concerns.
- Monitors and supervises all aspects of assigned production line(s).
- Supervises assigned personnel ensuring work standards are implemented and followed.
- Ensures lead associates properly use personnel team and follow work standards to produce a defect-free product.
- Ensures work teams are fully staffed to maintain targeted workflow.
- Ensures lead associates provide work teams the tools and supplies needed to accomplish standard work.
- Makes sure all production change-overs are performed properly and efficiently.
- Ensures preventative maintenance is performed on machines, that work teams are operating machines properly and safely, and that equipment is stored properly.
- Communicates to the maintenance team of any problems or concerns with equipment.
- Assists in production scheduling to improve production leveling.
- Ensures area of responsibility has been properly cleaned and sanitized.
- Assures compliance with all company safety rules and GMPs.
- Has expert knowledge of all safety rules and monitors personnel to ensure compliance.
- Ensures personal protective equipment (PPE) is being used correctly.
- Ensures areas are clear of safety hazards, floors are free of debris, and equipment is free of excess product.
- Assumes responsibility for production quality and continuous improvement.
- Ensures products are produced to customer specification and defect free.
- Ensures work teams follow standard work practices to promote improved production efficiency and achieve production targets.
- Ensures employees are properly trained on standard work practices and perform job tasks as defined.
- Ensures production flow is consistent, throughput is monitored, and efficiency targets are met.
- Ensures trainers train on proper work standards, maintain all proper documentation, and are in their assigned areas monitoring processes and product for defects and opportunities.
- Ensures transfer of finished product from production floor to storage area is performed within standard operating procedure.
- Assumes responsibility for production related communication flow and coordination between line workers.
- Communicates issues or concerns with Quality Assurance Manager, Production Manager, Production Coordinator and Facility Manager as needed.
- Takes a leading role in communicating among peer groups and subordinates.
- Ensures all administration tasks are completed timely and accurately.
- Verifies demand schedule and usage sheets are all filled out.
- Completes and verifies all activity logs are completed.
- Ensures all documentation is routed correctly.
- Completes end of shift reports, i.e. scrap, labor, yield and downtime reporting.
- Ensure all production[JL1] hours are accounted for ensuring personnel hours are allocated to the appropriate department.
- Maintain and enforce GMP practices, safety and product quality standards.
- Follow safety guidelines as well as adhere to related listings in the Employee Handbook.
- Prepare information and assist in various certification/customer audits.
- Enforce safety regulations with all production employees.
- Ensure team members take scheduled breaks and lunches, start and finish shifts on time.
- Assumes other duties as assigned.
- At least one (1) year experience in the manufacturing industry is required, unless the candidate has obtained an associate's or bachelor's degree (completion of a degree program will be accepted in lieu of experience). Must have general knowledge of food production methods and techniques, gained through experience of education.
- Prefer experience in Light Industrial environment operating in a multi-production process environment.
- Understands Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) and Hazarded Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP) programs. SQF, GMP, and HACCP certification preferred.
- Able to comprehend [JL2] USDA guidelines and manufacturing requirements, processes and procedures.
- Knowledge of lean manufacturing and able to develop improvements in existing processes.
- Computer and mathematics skills are required. Prior experience with systems tracking of materials is preferred.
- Able to make decisions in a fast-paced environment; with minimum guidance from management.
- Available to work a flexible schedule including evenings, weekends, and overtime as business requires. The hours worked each week will be determined by the manufacturing needs of the department.
- Ability to understand, speak, read, and write English
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Bilingual (Spanish) preferred
Standing, walking, bending, lifting, stooping, crouching, kneeling intermittently.
Must be able to hear average or normal conversations and receive ordinary information.
Must be able to frequently and regularly use wrists, hands, and or fingers.
Average, ordinary visual acuity necessary to prepare or inspect documents, products, or operate machinery.
Regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds throughout the day. Ability to stand 8-12 hours per day, on cold wet concrete floors.
Must be able to work for long hours in a food processing environment, where it is wet, damp, and cold. Temperatures are frequently around 34 degrees, and employees are expected to remain in these conditions for the majority of their workdays.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The list of essential functions, other duties, mental and physical demands, requirements and licenses is not meant to be exhaustive. Management reserves the right to revise job descriptions and to require other tasks be performed when the circumstances of the job changes.
Production Supervisor - Revision 0.03 - 10/1/2020- Page 1
[JL2]Remove word - 12-22-19