Job Description Candidates must be currently living in the Dallas Texas area and willing to relocate out of the area/state.
The General Manager leads and develops a team of Profit Center Manager (PCMs) to drive the overall results of the entire travel center location. The position is also responsible for providing the proper training, development, and supervision of PCMs to ensure the profitability, environmental protection, site maintenance, safety and efficient operation of the travel center according to Company policies. Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensures that programs are properly implemented and maintained to ensure the safety of customers and employees.
- Recruits and selects new site management employees capable of meeting or exceeding Company performance standards.
- Ensures the PCMs are properly staffing their departments with qualified employees to maintain the designated hours of operation. Reviews staff scheduling with PCMs to achieve labor standards set by the Company including those concerning overtime.
- Ensures the PCMs are giving hiring, orientation and training employees the highest priority. Also ensures PCM/APCMs are personally conducting location orientation for new employees.
- Directs PCMs to ensure all location employees complete mandatory training and receive on the job training.
- Assesses performance of PCMs, completes appraisals of direct reports and recommends for advancement and merit increases.
- Communicates work assignments and responsibilities to PCMs, follows up on completion of responsibilities, coaches, develops and trains managers to ensure performance measures and location standards are met or exceeded and to raise individuals' levels of performance.
- Ensures awareness and compliance with all federal, state and local regulations that impact operations.
- Directs PCMs in their work activities to meet or exceeds budgeted goals.
- Supervises the total function of a travel center which operates multiple profit centers and which may operate 24 hours per day, 365 days per year.
- Manages location operations while controlling operating expenses within established budgets. Holds PCMs accountable for achieving hour and overtime targets.
- Knows the basic operation of all computer inventory systems and reports in all profit centers. Is able to accomplish POS system transactions efficiently when necessary. Ensures PCMs have trained employees in POS system transactions.
- Responsible for accurate forecasting of total site results and achieving budgeted site EBITDA.
- Associates degree in Business Administration or related field or relevant experience in business operations.
- Minimum 7+ years' experience with supervising manager-level employees.
- Ability to analyze financial reports (e.g., understand the calculations on the P&L, coverage ratio, budget & expense reports, etc.) to create positive financial results at all times.
- Exhibit strong verbal and written communication skills to deliver information clearly and effectively to customers and employees.
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver's license
Posting ID: 577704545Posted: 2020-10-20