Grill Cook - Char-Grill
Position Summary and Purpose: The Grill Cook cooks and prepares food, in accordance with standardized policies, in order to provide fresh, quality product.
- Prepare and cooks food according to Char Grill’s prep, menu and recipe standards
- Ensure that each guest receives excellent service.
- Check orders for accuracy and portion control
- Ensure availability/consistency of all prepped goods using Product Manual.
- Rotate food and discard anything that is not up to quality standards. Follow FIFO procedures for inventory and food.
- Maintain safe, secure, and healthy back of house environment by following sanitation standards.
- Store food properly and safely, including marking dates on items.
- Maintain stock levels: Burgers, Fries, Chicken and any other items.
- Ensure cleanliness of dining room: wipes down tables, Sweeps/mops floor, empties trash receptacles.
- Wash dishes and stack to air dry.
- Deep cleaning of storage areas, including refrigerators, drawers, cabinets, etc.
- Complete daily, weekly, monthly back of house maintenance and cleaning tasks.
- Help out other employees
- Other duties as assigned
- Communicate well with fellow employees of diverse backgrounds
- Comfortable working as part of a team
- Ability to multitask, work under pressure, and adjust to change with minimal supervision
- Able to use appropriate judgment
- Basic reading skills
- Manual dexterity
- Auditory and visual skills
Education and Training:
- High School Diploma
- Food Handler’s Card preferred
- Food service experience a plus
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
While performing the duties of this job, the Grill Cook is required to use hands repetitively, stand for prolonged periods, walk, grasp firmly/strongly and simply/lightly with hands, and use fine finger dexterity. This employee is frequently required to bend over, twist, reach above shoulder level, crouch or stoop, kneel, repetitively use feet, and use head and nick in a twisting or static motion and to look up and/or down, push and/or pull, and lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Occasionally, the Grill Cook is required to sit, climb, balance, and/or move over 50 pounds.
This employee is required to work in various temperatures, in a noisy environment, near moving mechanical parts, with dangerous equipment or sharp tools, and around fumes, odors, dust, or toxic chemicals.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by persons assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all associated responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions. Uptown Airport Group reserves the right to change, amend, add, delete, and otherwise assign any and all duties, responsibilities, and position titles as it deems necessary to meet the needs of the business.