As a warehouse associate at Floor and Decor, you are the backbone of our retail location. Your key responsibilities will be compiling orders and replenishing and moving merchandise, whether it be on the sales floor or to a customer’s vehicle. Your day will be spent checking inventory and orders, interacting with customers and operating a forklift. If you are friendly, organized, hard-working and someone who thrives in a warehouse environment, Floor and Decor is the place for you.Qualities we look for:
Essential Job Functions:
- Friendly and enthusiastic
- A team player
- Customer service orientated
Honest and accountable
- Good communication
Minimum Eligibility Requirements:
- Demonstrate and understand compliance of the company’s safety processes.
- Work in a fast pace environment with accuracy.
- Provide above and beyond customer service and exceed customer expectations.
- Act and work in a manner consistent with the company’s core values.
- Restock our show floor with product.
- Organize merchandise to company standards to ensure customers may shop with ease.
- Load out customers with the correct product.
- Help customers find products as needed and answer customer questions.
- Be available to assist in other areas of the store as needed.
- Keep work area clean and safe.
Working Conditions (travel and environment)
- Must be 18 years or older.
- Knowledge of basic math skills.
- Warehouse experience.
- Customer service experience.
- Experience with heavy machinery, forklifts, or farm equipment preferred but not required.
Ability to handle multiple tasks and work well under pressure.
- Completion of forklift certifications through FandD.
- Where permissible by state law, certification to use heavy equipment requires successful passing of a drug test.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to a warehouse environment and moving vehicles. The noise level in the work environment is typically quiet to moderate.Physical/Sensory Requirements
Ability exert 30 – 60 pounds of force occasionally, and or 20-30 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than negligible up to 20 pounds of force constantly to lift, carry push, pull, or otherwise move objects. The employee is often required to use their hands and fingers, to handle or feel. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb or balance, and to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
Note: Floor and Decor considers all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital or familial status, veteran status, or based on any other class protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. Floor and Decor also provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local law.
This job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and the employee and is subject to change by the employer at its sole discretion.
Monday - Friday 7:00 AM - 7:00 PM
Saturday 8:00 AM - 7:00 PM
Sunday 10:00 AM - 6:00 PM
BENEFITS & REWARDS:
Bonus opportunities at every level
Career advancement opportunities
Relocation opportunities across the country
401k with discretionary company match
Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Referral Bonus Program
Corporate Discount Programs
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and other Insurance Plans (subject to eligibility criteria)
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Floor & Decor is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to equal opportunity for all associates and applicants. F&D recruits, hires, trains, promotes, compensates and administers all personnel actions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (which includes pregnancy, childbirth and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, ancestry, medical condition, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable law.
This policy applies to all areas of employment, including recruitment, testing, screening, hiring, selection for training, upgrading, transfer, demotion, layoff, discipline, termination, compensation, benefits and all other privileges, terms and conditions of employment. This policy and the law prohibit employment discrimination against any associate or applicant on the basis of any legally protected status outlined above.