Five Below IT POSITION:
Product Manager, Merchandising SystemsREPORTS TO:
Sr. Director, Merchandising Systems Overview:
Five Below (NASDAQ: FIVE), headquartered in Philadelphia, is one of the fastest growing retailers in the country with more than 730 stores in 32 states. Five Below expects to cut the ribbon on approximately 125 new stores in 2018.
Catering to teens, pre-teens and their parents, Five Below carries an ever-evolving and exciting assortment of cell phone cases and chargers, remote control cars, yoga pants, graphic tees, nail polish, footballs and soccer balls, tons of candy and seasonal must-haves for Easter, Halloween, Christmas and more. Everything, every day, is just $5 and below. Its stores are a vibrant, colorful and high-energy destination.
Five Below was co-founded by David Schlessinger, creator and founder of Encore Books and Zany Brainy along with Tom Vellios, former CEO of Zany Brainy.
As a part of our technology organization, you will have the opportunity to implement next generation solutions that will transform the way our customers interact with our Five Below brand. From artificial intelligence, mobile, big data and cloud computing, you will have the opportunity to build a career that allows you to make an impact all while learning new Digital, technical and leadership skills. We are inspired by new challenges and push ourselves to create what's next in this dynamic industry. Come join this diverse team and grow with us.
The Product Manager of Merchandising Systems is a critical role accountable for building capability roadmaps and delivering solutions that enables our Sourcing, Product Development, Merchandising, Inventory Management (Analytics, Planning, Pricing & Allocation) and Retail Foundation (Purchasing, Inventory Control) business functions. Product Managers are accountable for real-time 'high-touch' business engagement for both strategic and tactical initiatives while ensuring our applications uptime and performance meets the operating need.
Subject matter expertise and corresponding deep applications experience is required in the following merchandising processes:
- Item/ Pack Setup
- Merch hierarchy / Location hierarchy setup.
- Purchase orders
- Inventory transactions (PO receipts, WIA, Receipt adjustments, Allocations, transfers, shipments, stock counts, pricing and promotions, BOL receipts etc)
- Stock ledger/ Merch pay first cost / non-first cost processes
- Actual v/s Landed cost actualization.
- Collaboration & Influencing
- Drives Results
- Customer Impact
- Responsible for multiple projects aimed at delivering best in class Merchandising and inventory solutions for both pre and in season management processes.
- Partner in the development and implementation of supply chain, Merchandising systems, Assortment/buy planning systems, inventory management, and price optimization initiatives
- Work with the application development team to communicate business requirements in order to manage resources and allowing for efficient and timely development.
- Formulate business capabilities into Epics, stories and maintain the backlog and priorities with the development team by respective projects. Help with the release planning, design storming, QA validations and signoff at iteration level across multiple project teams.
- Help in putting together a transition plan and a change management plan with the key business stake holders and partner with the leads in putting together training documents and in conducting training sessions where applicable.
- Proactively and effectively communicate changes to systems (Projects / Minor enhancements related changes.)
- Identify and quantify methodology differences and impacts between current and future processes and systems
- Engage with the software vendors and understand the new application functionality that's being evaluated for implementation.
- Help support POCs and conference room pilots where applicable.
- Build relationships with key business partners and other brand stakeholders.
- Develops and manages project plans and key stake holder engagement strategy on all initiatives
- Lead UX design for all internal customer capabilities
Communicate critical business-impacting technology issues to leaders in a timely manner and ensure they are communicated in business language; provide cross-functional team coordination to remediate critical issues and ensure ongoing status is communicated and contingency options that best support the business are provided Key Experiences:
- 3 ~ 5 years full lifecycle technology implementation experience
- Deep end to end functional knowledge of Merchandising and inventory management processes and systems.
- Deep understanding of Island Pacific Merchandising and inventory management platform is a must requirement.
- Experience in technologies like RPGLE, RPG free format, SQLRPGLE, CLLE, SQL400, and DB Modify AS400 RPG and AS400 CLP programs using SDA, SEU, RLU, for interactive and batch programming files. Work with DB2 400 and tools like Coolspool, Robot, DBU to access and update database files
- Write programs in CLLE, CLP to execute different scripts, procedures created using RPGLE, SQLRPGLE.
- Must use different modes of data transfer like ftp, sftp, Iseries navigator, FileZilla, WMB to transfer the data from/to AS400 and DB2.
- Work on AS400 job and Island Pacific job scheduler to schedule and manage the jobs running in AS400 platform. He must involve in production support, new development, and enhancement of existing AS400 applications.
- Manage and support different modules of Island Pacific Retail Application and provide support and solutions to the users. Help business users by resolving queries related to Island Pacific application.
- He must develop standard procedure to run the jobs in Island Pacific system in order to avoid failure of any job because of any conflict. Create views in Island Pacific eye module so that user can generate the reports out of Island pacific eye and use it for verifying the sales, inventory and Purchase order data.
- Work on Island pacific financial module and create new reports from the finance system and modify the existing reports as per the need. Must create Alerts and schedule different jobs to check the system performance and capacity. Should be responsible for any changes related to Island Pacific application. Customize Island pacific application to meet the business requirement by writing new programs or modifying the base programs.
- He must work with Business Analysts and Users to understand the requirement for establishing the new interface between Island Pacific application and provide the solution. Initiating continuous improvements in the existing applications. Provide solutions to speed up the batch processing.
- Providing functional and Technical solutions for Island Pacific Retail Application.
- Responsible and accountable for production issues and delivery of small/medium projects.
- Participation in Five Below process specific meetings and give solutions from technical prospective.
- Work in designing new interface with other systems. Should be able to acquire new programming skills when needed without impacting project deadlines.
- Oracle Retail MOM - RMS, RESA, RPM, RIB and RA, Oracle DB, Oracle Planning, JDA, EAI - Datastage, Talent etc.
- Experience working with engineering development and ops teams to deliver and sustain applications
- Experience working closely with business partners at all levels of the organization
- Experience delivering both package and custom-developed software
- Demonstrated understanding of modern software development and infrastructure tools, processes and practices, including Agile Development, Cloud, DevOps
- Creative and flexible mindset to planning and problem-solving, ability to lean into the details while maintaining the "big picture"
- Strength in building partnerships; working collaboratively in a matrix, proven influencing skills
- A highly service-orientated approach with a track record of delivery and client satisfaction
- Proven ability to provide executive level communication and risk assessments
- Experience with strategic and quantitative analysis - ability to gather and interpret data
- Strong research sources and modeling techniques
- Strong oral, written, and formal presentation skills and the ability to communicate complex ideas in simple ways to all levels of the organization
- Strong strategic thinking skills with ability to perform analysis at a low level of detail
- Execution and results focused, with emphasis on on-time delivery, ability to structure complex work streams and work independently and with teams
- BS with emphasis on quantitative skills in analytics or computer engineering or Supply chain and or inventory management.
Five Below is an Equal Opportunity Employer Posting Number:
701 Market Street
Philadelphia, PA 19106Position:
Product Manager, Merch & Inventory Systems