Human Resource Manager - Wilmington Delaware
The qualified candidate will administer various human resources plans and procedures for all company personnel; assists in development and implementation of personnel policies and procedures; prepares and maintains employee handbook and policies and procedures manual.
Duties and responsibilities may include but not be limited to the following:
- Participates in developing department goals, objectives, and systems.
- Conducts recruitment effort for all exempt and nonexempt personnel, students, and temporary employees; participates in new-employee orientations as required; writes and places advertisements. Schedules interviews and conducts interviews prospective employees.
- Develops and maintains affirmative action program; files EE0-1 report annually; maintains other records, reports, and logs to conform to EEO regulations.
- Handles employee relations counseling, outplacement counseling, and exit interviewing.
- Participates in administrative staff meetings and attends other meetings. Maintains company organization charts and employee directory.
- Assists in evaluation of reports, decisions, and results of department in relation to established goals. Recommends new approaches, policies, and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency of department and services performed.
- Maintains Human Resource Information System records and compiles reports from database.
- Maintains compliance with federal and state regulations concerning employment.
- Performs customer service functions by answering employee requests and questions related to areas covered by Human Resources.
- Verifies 1-9 documentation and maintains books current.
- Submits the online investigation requests and assists with new employee background checks.
- Conducts audits of various payroll, benefits or other HR programs and recommends any corrective action.
- Assists with the preparation of the performance review forms.
- Assists or conducts various research projects and/or special projects, as needed.
- Assists with processing of terminations.
- Makes photocopies, faxes document and performs other clerical functions in relation to Human Resources needs
- Files papers and documents into appropriate employee files.
- Prepares correspondence in relation to Human Resources matters.
- Handles Unemployment Compensation claims and Workers Compensation claims.
- Prepares new employee files
Competencies for this position:
- To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies to perform the essential functions of this position.
- Problem solving-the individual identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner and gathers and analyzes information skillfully
- Interpersonal Skills-the individual maintains confidentiality, remains open to others' ideas and exhibits willingness to try new things.
- Oral communication-the individual speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations, demonstrates group presentation skills and conducts meetings.
- Written Communication-the individual edits work for spelling and grammar, presents numerical data effectively and is able to read and interpret written information.
- Planning/organizing-the individual prioritizes and plans work activities, uses time efficiently and develops realistic action plans.
- Quality control-the individual demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness and monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Adaptability-the individual adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands and is able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
- Dependability-the individual is consistently at work and on time, follows instructions, responds to management direction and solicits feedback to improve performance.
- Bachelor's Degree preferred. Associate's Degree from a two-year college or technical school or other equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Computer literacy: Experience with Microsoft Word and Excel and email
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Current Criminal background check, FBI background check and Child Abuse Clearance
- Ability to work with all levels of internal staff and management as well as external clients and vendors.
- Considerable knowledge of principles and practices of personnel administration, effective oral and written communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills.
PrideStaff can offer you a wide-range of rewarding career options. Whether you prefer the freedom and variety of temporary work or the challenge of a full-time position, PrideStaff can help you find the job that best matches your skills and interests.
With offices throughout the country, PrideStaff gives you the inside track to great jobs with more than 3,000 employers.
As a PrideStaff Field Associate, you'll enjoy our generous pay and benefit package, and just as importantly, you will be treated fairly, with dignity, courtesy and respect. Work with a Staffing Firm that works for you!
Posting ID: 579481959Posted: 2020-10-14