Manufactures or modifies blood and blood components intended for transfusion, for further manufacturing and, for research purposes, labels blood products, packs recovered plasma products for further manufacture in accordance with current good manufacturing practices as required by the FDA, AABB and CBB, and, to meet the requirements of our external customers. Performs quality control processes on equipment and products as required. Assist by demonstration or observation in the training and orientation of new employee to promote a team initiative within position responsibilities.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs all assigned duties in compliance with internal SOPs and external regulations. Brings compliance issues to the attention of management.
- Assures quality customer service to all customers.
- Maintains good attendance and punctuality per the absence policy.
- This position is not static and will be revised as the needs of the organization's business evolve.
- Manufactures whole blood into components in accordance with current good manufacturing practices and departmental standard operating procedures.
- Quarantines or discards blood products as directed on the Disposition Evaluation Report and in accordance with departmental standard operating procedures.
- Completes all steps within acceptable parameters for product production per SOP including time and temperature guidelines to assure quality and potency of product.
- Performs conversion of plasma products to recovered plasma products according to SOP when instructed or when plasma product unsuitable for transfusion.
- Completes final disposition of blood products from a quarantined status according to instruction given on DERs related to pending test results received and prohibiting factor report instructions given on the DER.
- Labels and releases all blood products in accordance with current good manufacturing practices and departmental standard operating procedures.
- Performs quality control responsibilities in the laboratory on products and equipment.
- Participates in departmental on-call rotation when staff assigned to area which requires this coverage. Provides required contact information to enable a supervisor to reach during off-duty hours. Responds to calls within 15 minutes and reports to work when required within 2 hours of receiving call. Presents to work to perform the required functions of the on-call responsibilities within the specified time specifications ensuring the customer and or patient needs are met.
- Assists by demonstration or observation in the training and orientation of new employees.
- Performs all other duties, at the discretion of management, as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent is required.
- Two years of post-high school education preferred.
- MLT or MA credentials preferred.
- Knowledge of computers.
- Knowledge to perform simple mathematical functions.
- Two years previous experience in health care or laboratory preferred.
- Ability to work flexible shifts or overtime.
- Must possess the skills and abilities to successfully perform all assigned duties and responsibilities.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality.
- The employee must be able to recognize deviations from SOPs or potential
- product or process failure.
- Attention to detail and ability to concentrate and perform multiple tasks simultaneously are required.
- Must be able to work in a highly structured/regulated environment and maintain performance under potentially stressful conditions.
- Legible handwriting is required.
- Ability to make decisions based on predefined guidance or SOPs.
- Language skills must include the ability to read, write, speak English effectively and follow oral and written instructions consistent with policies and procedure, SOPs or other requirements.
- Ability to work independently and as a team player.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
Blood Systems Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
Our organization is an equal employment/affirmative action employer. If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a medical condition or disability, please send an e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
or call 1-844-220-2612 to let us know the nature of your request. A representative will respond to accommodation requests within two business days. Please note that this email/phone number is for medical/disability accommodations only and any other inquiries will not receive a response.
Please see the below information about applicant rights and our commitment to compliance:
All candidates who receive a conditional written offer of employment will be required to undergo a pre-employment drug test in accordance with the Company's established guidelines.
Posting ID: 579482445Posted: 2020-11-24