The Glen Retirement System is a Life Plan Community providing all levels of care. We are looking for motivated individual to add to our Maintenance Team.
Since 1898, The Glen strives to provide the best environment for seniors. Our focus is a “resident directed” philosophy that caters to each resident's individuality by respecting their choices, preserving their dignity and giving them every opportunity to live a purposeful life. We feel it is the best way to offer the highest quality of care in a compassionate environment that places the respect of our residents above all else.
SHIFT: 8 hour shift (8:00 AM – 4:30 PM) Tuesday through Saturday, but could be more or less and hours could be changed depending on the needs of The Glen.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Responsible for the repair and maintenance of the physical plant and all equipment under the direction of Maintenance Supervisor
- Repair or assist with repair of equipment as directed by supervisor.
- Repair or assist with repair of physical plant as directed by supervisor.
- Maintain records as directed by supervisor.
- Other specific daily duties will be assigned by supervisor on a priority basis.
- Accepts responsibility for providing cleanliness of assigned areas, care of equipment and efficient use of supplies.
- Completes work orders promptly and notifies supervisor if the work cannot be completed within the time frame requested.
- Completes or assist with vacancy make-ready request and performs make-readies for move-ins and move-outs.
- Responsible for organizing storage units during pick-up and/or delivery of furniture etc.
- Responsible for reporting to supervisor any repairs needed or safety hazards identified.
- Takes call on weekends and holidays as assigned.
Other related projects, duties and responsibilities may be assigned as deemed necessary.
- Must be people-oriented individual, have good communication skills, and the ability to work with a diverse group of people.
- Must be able to work overtime as required.
- Well organized and self-motivated.
- Computer skills appropriate to job functions
- Hand, eye coordination and dexterity to perform functions with various tools and equipment
- Working knowledge of small equipment use
- Training or experience in areas of plumbing, electric, cooling/heating, carpentry, and small motor repair desirable
- Valid state driver’s license and ability to drive vehicles
- Must be able to fulfill job requirements in a high-energy, high-traffic area.
- Must be able to lift/carry up to 50 pounds; push/pull up to 90 pounds.
- Extensive walking, standing, bending, stooping, reaching, climbing, pushing, pulling, lifting, shoveling, hammering.
- Exposed to outdoors changes in temperature for extended periods.
- Competitive pay-rates
- Group medical, dental and vision plans
- Supplemental Insurance available during open enrollment once a year
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Holidays on hire
- 403 (b) Retirement Plan
Posting ID: 580078672Posted: 2020-10-21