Albertsons Safeway is working to become the favorite food and drug retailer in every market it serves. The organization includes 2,230 stores, 27 distribution facilities and 19 manufacturing plants with over 250,000 employees across 34 states and the District of Columbia. The company is privately owned with supermarkets across the country that include: Albertsons, Safeway, Vons, Pavilions, Randalls, Tom Thumb, Carrs, ACME, Jewel-Osco, Lucky, Shaw's, Star Market, Super Saver, United Supermarkets, Market Street and Amigos.
The Supply Chain Department has an opening for A Forklift Mechanic. This position is located in Irvine, CA.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Able to read and understand electrical and hydraulic system schematics
- Able to repair, or replace major system components, including circuit boards and other electrical parts, hydraulic, mechanical, L.P. systems, power steering and transmissions, engines with limited supervision.
- Troubleshoot and diagnose most truck components
- Perform engine tune-ups on most makes of equipment without supervision
- Perform proper PM's in a timely manner
- Be able to troubleshoot and diagnose most complex electrical systems on IC and electric trucks
- Be able to use all special tools properly. Maintain and properly use the normal tools of the trade.
- Assist with training/mentoring apprentice mechanics through on-the-job training.
- Follows all safety procedures in performing work as well as company policies
- Demonstrates exceptional customer service skills
- Properly identify and order all necessary replacement parts
- Maintain complete repair order records.
- Follow company procedures. Ensure a safe work environment.
- Responsible for performing all job duties with honesty and integrity.
- Possess at least two-year experience or training in the industrial equipment repair field and have current licenses, state and local. Possess a good background in electrical, and general equipment repairs, hydraulics. Specific proficiency in DC and AC powered equipment. Must provide own tools.
- Ability to lift up to 75 pounds and to stand, walk, bend, stoop, twist and turn frequently. Ability to do repetitious arm, wrist and hand movements required for maintenance and service procedures. Must be able to work with hands and arms overhead and to work in or under the equipment. Requires manual dexterity, overall coordination and good balance to work both at ground level and in high places to perform job duties. Ability to operate work related equipment such as maintenance related power equipment and hand tools, forklifts and pallet jacks and diagnostic equipment.
- Mental alertness is necessary to ensure safe and accurate completion of work activities. Ability to learn and follow Company and Distribution Center policies regarding safe operation of forklifts and pallet jacks, maintenance related power equipment and hand tools. Ability to learn and follow Distribution Center paperwork policies and procedures encompassing Purchase Orders, Parts Requisitions and Inventory and Maintenance Orders. Ability to read and comprehend all labeling on hazardous materials and equipment in the facility.
- Most work is performed under typical warehouse conditions. Exposure to potential hazards exists with respect to equipment and materials necessary to perform job functions. Potential exposure exists to high voltage current, welding equipment, vehicle and equipment lubricants and solvents. Associates work in departments which may range in temperature from 80˚to --20˚ F. In cases of temperature outside the norm, Personal Protective Equipment is provided. Noise exposure is within normal warehouse expectations.
Respond to: Interested candidates are encouraged to submit a resume by visiting www.Albertsons.com on your computer or mobile device.
Diversity is fundamental at Safeway. We foster an inclusive working environment where the different strengths and perspectives of each employee is both recognized and valued. We believe that building successful relationships with our customers and our communities is only possible through the diversity of our people. And a diverse workforce leads to better teamwork and creative thinking, as well as mutual understanding and respect.
The Safeway policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion and other conditions of employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, medical condition, marital status or any other legally protected status.
We support a drug-free workplace -- all applicants offered a position are required to pass a pre-employment drug test before they are hired.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER