Albertsons Safeway is working to become the favorite food and drug retailer in every market it serves. The organization includes 2,230 stores, 27 distribution facilities and 19 manufacturing plants with over 250,000 employees across 34 states and the District of Columbia. The company is privately owned with supermarkets across the country that includes: Albertsons, Safeway, Vons, Pavilions, Randalls, Tom Thumb, Carrs, ACME, Jewel-Osco, Lucky, Shaw's, Star Market, Super Saver, United Supermarkets, Market Street and Amigos.
The Distribution Center for Albertsons is located in Irvine, CA has an opening for a Facilities Maintenance Mechanic.
- Ensure that all equipment is operating properly and safely. Perform periodic and general maintenance tasks throughout the facility as assigned and according to schedule. Includes hydraulic, pneumatic, plumbing, carpentry and building maintenance, major overhaul of equipment, fabrication of parts, air conditioning and heating system installation, adjustment, system design changes and calibration, and repair of electronic and pneumatic controls. Stay abreast of current technology in regards to job duties.
- Perform daily inspection of doors and dock plates, banana rooms, and all other building and support areas. Recognize problems and repairs before breakdown occurs. Independently troubleshoot and repair problems using advanced skills including electronic repair (programmable control and relay logic repair, programming and design).
- Repair racking as required. Repair or replace batteries and chargers as needed. Replace damaged or burned out lighting fixtures. Repair ammonia and Freon refrigeration systems.
- Maintain complete repair order records.
- Follow company procedures. Ensure a safe work environment.
- Responsible for performing all job duties with honesty and integrity.
- Possess at least two-year experience or training in the maintenance field and have current licenses, state and local. Possess a good background in electrical, refrigeration, plumbing, carpentry and general building repairs. Must provide own tools.
- Possess working knowledge with electrical lift trucks, ammonia refrigeration systems and warehouse building systems and repairs.
- Ability to lift up to 75 pounds and to stand, walk, bend, stoop, twist and turn frequently. Ability to do repetitious arm, wrist and hand movements required for maintenance and service procedures. Must be able to work with hands and arms overhead and to work in or under the equipment. Requires manual dexterity, overall coordination and good balance to work both at ground level and in high places to perform job duties. Ability to operate work related equipment such as maintenance related power equipment and hand tools, forklifts and pallet jacks and diagnostic equipment.
- Mental alertness is necessary to ensure safe and accurate completion of work activities. Ability to learn and follow Company and Distribution Center policies regarding safe operation of forklifts and pallet jacks, maintenance related power equipment and hand tools. Ability to learn and follow DistributionCenter paperwork policies and procedures encompassing Purchase Orders, Parts Requisitions and Inventory and Maintenance Orders. Ability to read and comprehend all labeling on hazardous materials and equipment in the facility.
- Most work is performed under typical warehouse conditions. Exposure to potential hazards exists with respect to equipment and materials necessary to perform job functions. Potential exposure exists to high voltage current, welding equipment, vehicle and equipment lubricants and solvents. Associates work in departments which may range in temperature from 80˚to --20˚ F. In cases of temperature outside the norm, Personal Protective Equipment is provided. Associates may be required to work at second- or third-story levels when performing work in conveyable selection systems. Noise exposure is within normal warehouse expectations.
Diversity is fundamental at Albertsons/Safeway. We foster an inclusive working environment where the different strengths and perspectives of each employee is both recognized and valued. We believe that building successful relationships with our customers and our communities is only possible through the diversity of our people. And a diverse workforce leads to better teamwork and creative thinking, as well as mutual understanding and respect.
The Albertsons/Safeway policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion and other conditions of employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, medical condition, marital status or any other legally protected status.
We support a drug-free workplace -- all applicants offered a position are required to pass a pre-employment drug test before they are hired.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER