Safeway Inc., a Fortune 100 Company, is one of the largest food and drug retailers with 1,300+ stores. The Safeway family of brands includes some of the most prominent brands in food retailing, with a growing base of loyal shoppers. Thanks to the professionalism, diversity, spirit and friendliness of our people, we have locations across the U.S.
Diversity is fundamental at Safeway. We foster an inclusive working environment where the different strengths and perspectives of each employee is both recognized and valued. We believe that building successful relationships with our customers and our communities is only possible through the diversity of our people. And a diverse workforce leads to better teamwork and creative thinking, as well as mutual understanding and respect.
Supply Operations Northern California Division Distribution Center has an opening for a Warehouse Supervisor. This position is located in Tracy, CA.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
* Plan warehouse work operations in accordance with shipments, received, store orders, perish-ability, and stock rotation requirements.
* Schedule and assign warehouse crew and equipment to meet schedules to handle daily volume efficiently.
* Supervise warehouse crews in a unionized environment.
* Supervise truck loading, order selecting and receiving.
* Ability to coach, train and lead work teams to achieve performance as it relates to specialization in receiving, processing, storage, order assembly or loading.
* Ensure adherence to Safeway policies, procedures and practices.
* Take inventories as required. Report and clear indications of "out of stock" or "overstocked" conditions developing.
* Administrative duties as related to warehouse functions.
* Design, monitor, and maintain a safe working environment through compliance of safety programs.
* Supervise minor maintenance and sanitation as needed.
* Involved in and recommend hiring, promotions, terminations, performance appraisals and labor standards.
* Maintain a high level of customer service for retail and public customers.
* Cultivate a positive and innovative work environment.
* Strive for fast continuous systematic planned improvement.
* 4 year college degree in Logistics, Business, or related field preferred.
* 3-5 years experience in warehousing.
* 2-4 years previous supervisory experience in warehousing preferred.
* Understanding of warehouse regulations regarding quality and safety.
* Excellent organizational skills with a high degree of initiative and flexibility.
* Good analytical and problem solving skills.
* Considerable initiative and frequent analysis necessary in daily work.
* Excellent customer service skills with both internal and external customers.
* Proven ability to define performance measures related to the business and hold associates accountable for the same.
* Ability to analyze cost performance data to improve operations and reduce costs.
* Strong interpersonal, communication, and team building skills.
* Must possess the following traits: proactive, risk taker, change agent and strong sense of courage.
* Must be comfortable at giving and receiving open feedback.
* Able to supervise a medium size group of warehouse employees.
* Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint.
* Willingness to work evenings, night shifts, weekends and holidays.
Respond to: Interested candidates are encouraged to submit a resume by visiting www.CareersAtSafeway.com
Posting closes November 3, 2019
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER