EMCOR Government Services offers an experienced single-source solution for meeting the routine and mission-critical needs of federal, state, local and other government organizations. By combining our expert professional technicians, commercial best practices, extensive facilities knowledge and strong commitment to reliable, responsive service, we enable our government clients to achieve consistently high-performance facilities, on-time projects and long-term value. Job Title:
EMCOR Government Services has an immediate need for a Plumber in Herndon, VA. The Plumber will install, repair, and maintain chilled water, steam, heat, water, gas, drainage, sewage, and other plumbing systems at the New Dominion Complex.Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assembles, install, maintain, and pressure test all pipes, fittings, and fixtures of heating, water, drainage, sprinkler, and gas systems according to specifications and plumbing codes.
- Operates reamers, threading discs, sewer tapes, pipe cutters, snakes, and other plumbing equipment and hand tools.
- Inspects joints, valves, pumps, boilers, heaters, sinks, commodes, tanks, valves, and other plumbing system components to locate malfunctions, and repairs or replaces when necessary.
- Studies plans, drawings, specifications, and work orders to determine work requirements and sequence of repairs and/or installations.
- Performs preventative maintenance work as required.
- Select inventory materials and hardware and make time and materials estimates.
- Three (3) to six (6) years minimum experience in the plumbing trade.
- Journeyman's Plumbing License.
- Knowledge of the tools, equipment, and materials common to the plumbing trade.
- Knowledge of applicable plumbing codes.
- Knowledge of the mechanical operation of equipment such as pumps, boilers, heaters, and other plumbing components.
- Skill in the installation, repair, and maintenance of all types of plumbing systems.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain an ISSA TS/SCI w/Poly.
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. Equal Opportunity Employer - Veterans/Disabled.
- Heavy physical effort (lift/carry up to 75 lbs.).
- Prolong, extensive or considerable standing/walking.
- Push/pull or move/lift equipment, supplies.
- Manual dexterity and mobility.
- Considerable reaching, stooping, bending, kneeling and crouching.