At Chipotle, we’ve created something special: a better place to eat and work. Many employees start just expecting a paycheck, but end up with a rewarding career. We provide exceptional training and a clear career path – over 80% of our managers got promoted from Crew.
What’s in it for you:
What we’re looking for:
We prepare real food by hand every day in our restaurants. No freezers, microwaves or can openers to be found.
We welcome experienced restaurant professionals and novices alike. We’ll provide the training you need to feel confident working at any station – grill, cashier, prep, salsa and expo. We take pride in our exceptional customer service and it’s up to each of our team members to create the friendly atmosphere that our customers expect and enjoy. So, whether you have experience as a dishwasher, cashier, server, host, bartender, cook, prep cook, FOH/BOH or no experience at all, we’re always looking for passionate and enthusiastic people to join our team.
At Chipotle, you’ll be part of a team that is working to cultivate a better world. If that sounds like something you would like to be a part of, apply today.
Requirements (the fine print):
*Receive up to $5,250 from Chipotle in tuition assistance and up to $5,185 in federal grants each year. Combined with up to 44 earned credit hours from on-the-job training at Chipotle, you could earn your degree for as little as $250 a year.
As Kitchen Manager, you’ll learn how to prepare great food, grill meats, and sauté vegetables. You’ll be responsible for making sure our food is consistently delicious. You’ll order the food and train others to become future kitchen managers. Each day, you’ll ensure the quality and safety of Chipotle’s delicious food. You’ll see to it that the kitchen is clean, organized and well stocked, and that the equipment is properly maintained and in good condition. Throughout the process, you’re training and developing Crew members, helping them learn how to become future Kitchen Managers. At its core, as with every position at Chipotle, the position is focused on promoting teamwork and creating a great customer experience. While on the clock, you’re always busy on your feet, accomplishing your station’s goals, taking on tasks that you see need to get done, and pitching-in to support your teammates. At Chipotle, you’ll join a team that’s committed to Cultivating A Better World. If this sounds like something you’d like to be a part of, we’d love to meet you! See more details below and apply today.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
In addition to following Chipotle’s policies and procedures, principal responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Ensuring food quality by cooking and prepping food to order, and following kitchen procedures
• Monitoring food waste and inventory levels, and resolving food quality issues
• Developing a strong team dynamic between back of house Crew and front of house Crew
• Training and developing Crew members to be future Kitchen Managers
• Communicating with Crew members effectively in order to ensure great customer service and throughput
• Ensuring the kitchen is properly cleaned and sanitized
• Monitoring kitchen equipment and ensuring it is kept in good repair; making sure malfunctioning equipment is repaired as quickly as possible
• Ensuring that the kitchen itself and all Crew members meet the necessary guidelines to ensure there are no injuries or accidents
• Filling out Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS) and Inventory Rotation (FIFO)
WHAT YOU’LL BRING TO THE TABLE
• Crew member experience
• The ability to understand and articulate Chipotle’s Food With Integrity philosophy
• The knowledge and ability to speak, write, and understand the primary language(s) of the work location
• A high school diploma
• Restaurant experience