ACME, a division of the Albertsons Companies, is currently searching for a Warehouse Clerk to join our team. Albertsons Companies is one of the largest food and drug retailers with 2,300+ stores. The Albertsons Companies family of brands includes some of the most prominent brands in food retailing, with a growing base of loyal customers.
The Warehouse Clerk is responsible for performing a variety of clerical duties including data entry, light typing, answering phones, making copies, dispatch of loads, routing, and order processing. Data entry duties include handwritten slot assignments and data entry for other departments on an as needed basis.
- Print purchase orders for receiving crew. Work with buying staff to resolve receiving problems (short receivers, improper UPC, invalid Purchase Orders, etc.). Check receivers against quantities ordered, verify and sign freight bills.
- Perform routine clerical duties to include typing letters and memos, answering phones and responding to customer inquiries as necessary.
- Forward orders to order selectors and keep accurate "time in" and "time out" records.
- Prepare and/or maintain reports, data tracking information, case labels, or routing information and documents.
- Notify proper personnel of additional and/or any changes to orders or route information.
- Separate invoices by store and by department and maintain invoice files. Collect all shipping memos, mail, etc., and place in designated holding area.
- Prepare driver trip tickets listing stores to be delivered, invoice numbers, and number of pieces for delivery.
- Collect warehouse "out" information and forward to Data Processing on a daily basis.
- Prepare shipped memos as requested by customer and forward memos to the proper department for selection.
- Notify Transportation Department and shipping Foreman of additional orders as they are received.
- Cross train with other warehouse functions as needed such as receiving, shipping, equipment room and auditing. Note: This may include the need to be scheduled in other departments and scheduled for different start/end times to help cover operations when the need arises.
- Previous billing or accounting clerical experience and/or warehouse shipping experience preferred. Possess basic knowledge of warehouse departments, schedules, functions and mailing procedures.
- Possess ability to understand and interpret computer reports. General knowledge of EDP applications and computer capabilities helpful. Prior experience with on-line and personal computer applications required.
- Perform additional duties and/or projects as required.
- Must be able to work with minimum supervision and possess strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Possess good oral and written communication skills, both with co-workers and over the telephone with outside and company personnel.
- Ability to motivate and work with and through others to achieve desired results.
- Requires analytical ability and mental alertness to ensure accurate, safe, and thorough completion of work activities. Possess ability to concentrate and deal with frequent interruptions.
- Must be available to work flexible or unusual hours as needed, including weekends. Daily shift overtime may be required as well due to operational needs.
- Incumbent may use calculators, keyboards, telephone, and other office equipment in the course of normal workday.
- Most work is performed in a temperature-controlled office environment.
- Incumbent may sit for long periods of time at desk or computer terminal.
- Stooping, bending, twisting, reaching and extensive walking may be required in completion of job duties.
- Occasional warehouse work such as checking slots and/or auditing orders.
- During any warehouse work the incumbent will be moving about the Distribution Center warehouse floor with a temperature range from 95 to 30 degrees.
- Occasional lifting up to 35 lbs.
Posting ID: 582772611Posted: 2021-03-06