Overview Opportunity: Executive Chef
Manage the kitchen operations in accordance with established guest service, food quality and sustainability standards. Potential Career Path
Director of Food & Beverage - Regional Director of Food & Beverage Essential Job Functions
- Interview, select, train, schedule, coach and support associates, ensuring they perform in accordance with established brand or hotel standards and consistent with HHM core values.
- Establish priorities and assign production and preparation tasks to staff to execute.
- Review daily menu specials, banquet event orders and inventory food items for daily use.
- Requisition day's supplies and ensure they are received and stored correctly. Communicate needs with purchasing and storeroom personnel.
- Ensure quality of products received.
- Meet with the Executive Steward to review equipment needs, banquet plate-up assistance, cleaning schedule/project status, and health/safety and sanitation follow-up.
- Ensure each kitchen work area is stocked with specified tools, supplies,equipment and that recipe cards, production schedules, plating guides and photography are posted and current.
- Ensure staff prepares menu items following recipes and yield guides, in accordance with department standards.
- Develop new menu items, test and write recipes.
- Observe guest reactions and confer with service staff to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Conduct frequent walk-throughs of each kitchen area and direct respective personnel to correct any deficiencies.
- Assist catering department with developing special menus for functions; meet with clients as requested.
- Review sales and food cost daily and ensure that excess items are utilized efficiently.
- Prepare weekly work schedules for all kitchen personnel in accordance with staffing guidelines and forecasted labor costs.
- Follow sustainability guidelines and practices related to HHM's EarthView program.
- Practice safe work habits, wear protective safety equipment and follow MSDS and OSHA standards.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
Work Environment and Context
- Degree or certificate in Culinary Arts and/or one to two years' experience as an Executive Chef.
- Expertise in food product, presentation, quality and preparation along with menu concept and design.
What We Believe
- Work schedule varies and will include working on holidays and weekends.
- Requires standing for extended periods, walking, pushing, lifting up to 50 pounds, bending and reaching, stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
People Are Our Capability - Hearts That Serve - Only Excellence - Stay Nimble - Own It
The Westin Dallas Fort Worth Airport hotel features 506 rooms, 38,000 square feet of meeting space, a fitness facility and multiple food and beverage outlets. The over 306,00 square foot property is adjacent to the Dallas/Fort Worth Airport. Located halfway between the cities of Dallas and Fort Worth, DFW International Airport is the world's third busiest airport and one of the largest, operating nearly 1,750 flights per day and serving 57 million passengers a year. The hotel's unparalleled ballroom and event spaces allow guests to host one-of-a-kind receptions and corporate conventions for up to 1,600 attendees. The Westin Dallas Fort Worth Airport hotel is a welcome addition to the HHM family and represents an important gateway hotel for Dallas visitors.
HHM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other group protected by law.
Posting ID: 583227013Posted: 2020-10-30