ProMedica Toledo Hospital is one of the largest acute-care facilities in the region. Our 794-bed hospital is staffed by more than 4,800 professional healthcare employees who serve a 27-county area throughout northwest Ohio and southeast Michigan. We also have the area's largest board-certified medical staff, which is made up of more than 1,000 primary care and specialty physicians. Excellent customer service skills and the ability to work in a fast paced environment are a must. In addition, for 15 consecutive years, residents of Greater Toledo have named us the Consumer Choice Award winner in our market. In fact, we're the only hospital in northwest Ohio to receive this honor.
The Assistant working under the direction of a professional nurse provides in the continual observation of assigned patient(s) to meet their safety needs.TYPICAL DUTIES
- Functions as an active, cooperative member of the health care team.
- Observes patients and reports any obvious change in safety needs or any patient(s) or family communication to the patient's assigned nurse.
- Maintains visual contact with the patient at all times.
- Responds to patient request as able and refers others to the appropriate nurse.
- The Patient Safety Assistant will accompany the patient on any treatments or services out of the patient's room.
- Conducts self in accordance with hospital safety policy.
- Maintains patient's room in a neat and orderly manner; leaves (two or three) side rails up and bed in low position; leaves call light within reach.
- Patient Safety Assistant keeps personal belongings in designated lockers.
- Reports to RN for assignment and report at the beginning of the shift prior to going to the patient's room.
- Shares information with oncoming staff to provide continuity of care.
- Adheres and coordinates breaks with the healthcare team to assure that continual observation is maintained.
- Ambulates/meets the activity and positioning needs of the restless/agitated patient.
- Communicates all observations and activity to the appropriate nurse, including report to the RN at the end of the shift.
- Patient Safety Assistant documents in the patient record, minimally everyone two hours.
- Practices universal precautions/standard while sitting with patient(s).
- Maintains confidentiality of all information about patients.
- Maintains cooperative team relationship with the staff.
- Consistently follows customer service standards.
- Follows appropriate dress code (business casual with name badge).
ProMedica is a mission-based, not-for-profit health and well-being organization headquartered in Toledo, Ohio. It serves communities in 28 states.The organization offers acute and ambulatory care, an insurance company with a dental plan, and post-acute and academic business lines. The organization has more than 49,000 employees, 12 hospitals, 2,500+ physicians and advanced practice providers with privileges, 1,000+ healthcare providers employed by ProMedica Physicians, a health plan, and 330+ assisted living facilities, skilled nursing and rehabilitation centers, memory care communities, and hospice and home health care agencies. Driven by its Mission to improve your health and well-being, ProMedica has been nationally recognized for its advocacy programs and efforts to address social determinants of health. For more information about ProMedica, please visit www.promedica.org/aboutus. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, age, disability, military or veteran status, height, weight, familial or marital status, or genetics.Equal Opportunity Employer/Drug-Free Workplace.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Must have observation, interpersonal and verbal communication skills necessary to work productively with patients, families and health care personnel.
- CPR certified.
- Must be able to move about hospital and between workstations; and prolonged periods of standing.
- Must have basic math skills, read and write, understand directions, communicate and respond to inquiries; requires effective interpersonal skills while maintaining a professional manner.
- Ability to carry out verbal instructions.
- Must be able to input and retrieve information from computer.
Employee Exemption Type
Budgeted Hours / Pay Period
Additional Schedule Details
Posting ID: 583228714Posted: 2020-10-30