There's never been a more exciting time to work for General Motors.
To achieve our vision of a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion, we need people to join us who are passionate about creating safer, better and more sustainable ways for people to get around. This bold vision won't happen overnight, but just as we transformed how the world moved in the last century, we are committed to transforming how we move today and in the future.
Why Work for Us
Our culture is focused on building inclusive teams, where differences and unique perspectives are embraced so you can contribute to your fullest potential as you pursue your career. Our locations feature a variety of work environments, including open work spaces and virtual connection platforms to inspire productivity and flexible collaboration. And we are proud to support our employees volunteer interests, and make it a priority to join together in efforts that give back to our communities.
This position is a level 6/7 opening.
In this role your responsibilities will be of a technical nature with decisions made within the limits of general practices, policies and standards. Your work will involve complex manufacturing problems including the need to root cause and follow issues to resolve.
You will be responsible for equipment related to the manufacturing process. You will required to use your independent discernment.
Your responsibility may involve training others and assigning work to a small group of employees. Roles
The Electrical Support role is the key person at Launch to support the plant for First-Time pass rates. Supporting the plant for electrical systems during launch phases to enable successful product launch with minimal defects at launch. Responsibilities
- Complete required training at various sites around GM and suppliers, domestic/international travel is required
- Work with electrical core team members and engineering to support electrical solutions
- Support launch activities for a major program and travel as required:
- Participate in applicable Vehicle Systems ME led Architecture working calls for understanding new product and making plant specific assessments on issues
- Participate in virtual builds/reviews for applicable Program Virtual Assessment gates
- Identify wire harness hanking requirements for harness delivery
- Work with packaging team and deliver defect free harnesses to the plant
- Work with launch team to design harness sequence racks to deliver defect free harness to the line
Assist in the design and buyoff of harness lift assist
- Fully understand harness suppliers build process prior to APPV builds
- Support and drive improvement methods at harness assembly plants
- Assist in training 3rd party company during launch protection plan -50% onsite at wiring supplier. Implement and follow BoO Electrical (launch protection plan)
- Visit the wiring supplier at each batch change to perform manufacturing workshops
- Review and assess all new connection systems from a production perspective (robust, ease of use, bent pin protections, etc)
- Be the plants voice in WHA's prior to, during and after IVER
- Ensure documentation (schematics, tips, etc. ) to help with early in plant builds for repairing new product, working with the PPO Lab Check team during IV Build at PPO for identification of faults and fixes.
- Support the Electrical IRT
- Host/support In Plant Wiring Harness Assessments (WHA 4)
- Support plant readiness for MVB builds (i.e. BoO 314 Launch Aid)
- Support plant process position in ensuring the JES and GSIP have matching terminology for repair and production operators by supplying standard language for core team use based on IVEDs.
- Document lessons learned for process and product improvements.
- Create actionable items from electrical failures to enable issue documentation and follow up.
- Utilizes the plant quality reporting systems (i.e. GSIP/MERS/PRTS/SPPS) to identify and eliminate process / product variation.
- Utilizes the applicable plant testing systems (ie Flash, Static, AVT, DVT) to improve and correlate plant electrical performance to plant warranty data.
- Support GCA
- Conduct training of vehicle electrical systems for Team Leaders so they can support their Team Members using the Electrical Training Boards, PADs, JES, TIS, etc.
- Learn new technologies associated with Global B Electrical Architecture and effectively transfer key learnings to appropriate plant team members
- Support in-process testers and work with production and engineering to eliminate defects
- Coordinate the collection of key learnings from plants launching Global B prior to your site - - Make sure they are implemented at your site
- Will report to the Lead Launch Electrical Coordinator
- Implement Launch Protection Plan BoO
- Report Launch Aid Status
- Report out EFTQ Launch performance on a weekly basis
- Root cause analysis reports for top electrical issues for launch team
Additional Job DescriptionRequired Skills:
- Minimum 3 years previous experience with automotive electrical sub-systems
- Experience in Lean Manufacturing and developing manufacturing processes
- Strong interpersonal and team building skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong analytical ability
- Able to make decisions quickly with a high level of confidence
- Must be able to continually innovate
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities.GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.