There's never been a more exciting time to work for General Motors.
To achieve our vision of a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion, we need people to join us who are passionate about creating safer, better and more sustainable ways for people to get around. This bold vision won't happen overnight, but just as we transformed how the world moved in the last century, we are committed to transforming how we move today and in the future.
Why Work for Us
Our culture is focused on building inclusive teams, where differences and unique perspectives are embraced so you can contribute to your fullest potential as you pursue your career. Our locations feature a variety of work environments, including open work spaces and virtual connection platforms to inspire productivity and flexible collaboration. And we are proud to support our employees volunteer interests, and make it a priority to join together in efforts that give back to our communities.
The world has changed, and we need your help to change it for the better! The General Motors Global Innovation & Mobility Solutions team is tasked with developing and commercializing solutions to the world's mobility challenges. We invite you to join us in building a future with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion.
Global Innovation and Mobility Solutions is seeking customer-focused team members who have a passion for innovative technologies and approaches to business. Individuals will work collaboratively with small multi-disciplinary teams to create concepts and start new ventures that solve personal and commercial mobility challenges.
Access to advanced technologies and the autonomy to challenge convention create an exciting fast-paced environment often associated with Silicon Valley start-ups. This is a unique opportunity to innovate and scale solutions that address the world's mobility challenges. We seek experienced individuals ready to rise to the challenge
Software Development Manager - Platform
- Lead a software development team that will manage our SaaS platform on the cloud
- Take ownership of CloudOps, Cybersecurity and CI/CD solutions for our platform
- Create execution strategies and set priorities for the team
- Create hiring and growth strategy for team
- Ensure team is creating a robust platform for both our front-end developers, Data Science team and customers
- Determine software environment, tools and infrastructure required to support efficient development
- Contribute and steer a team of developers through technical and non-technical discussions
- Work closely with program and product management teams to ensure software execution is meeting customer needs
Additional Job DescriptionQualifications
- 5+ years of people leader experience in a software team leading 8 or more engineers
- Combined 10+ years of experience of full-stack or server-side development
- Deep understanding of managed cloud services such as AWS or Azure
- Strong experience implementing REST API's
- A deep understanding of database management - MySQL, NOSQL, Postgres etc.
- Experience with Kubernetes, Kafka/Spark/Hive/Hadoop
- Data governance experience and experience going through GPDR
- Experience developing platform security
- Experience with configuring and maintaining docker containers
- DevOps experience - CI/CD, software operations, platform applications
- Experience with PaaS and acquiring software licenses/tools
- Prior work in SaaS applications
- A deep understanding of software development life cycle with a proven track record of delivering on time
- BS in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent engineering field (Masters preferred)
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities.GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.