Job Description SummarySUMMARY:
Performs inventory control tasks associated with shipping, receiving, and supplying materials. Uses powered industrial equipment, such as forklifts and turret trucks, to assist with service complaint resolution, cycle counting, RADR requests, inventory issue resolution, and product discards.
Job Description DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Responsible for reviewing and resolving DC related inventory issues and assisting with root cause analysis to prevent those issues from reoccurring. Will proactively advise DC Supervisors and Managers of inventory trends and provide input into process improvement opportunities. Effectively communicates issues with other distribution associates and potentially with other departments (i.e. manufacturing, customer service, and quality).
- Use judgment regarding location and storage, methods of movement, and release of materials
- Demonstrate the capability to support special projects in the Distribution Center
- Conduct inventory counts and assesses discrepancy reports provided by others on Inventory Control team
- Collect and input data which will be assessed for trends and customer complaint reduction
- Execute material movements in support of business priorities or assigned activities
- Help with reducing the amount of miscellaneous materials in the Distribution Center
- Complete RADR Sample requests for R&D and Quality
- Discard expired products and product samples
- Performs other duties as assignedKNOWLEDGE/SKILLS:
- Ability to safely operate all required equipment. Must maintain a current forklift license
- Possesses the ability to work well in a dynamic team environment and influence others
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
- Able to work independently with little instruction on routine work and may receive general supervision
- Preferred working knowledge of Warehouse Management and Inventory Management aspects of SAP
- Proficient in MS Office
- Attention to detail
- Lifting or moving of 5 - 25 lbs. continuously, 25 - 60 lbs. frequently.
- Must be able to work in refrigeration (2-8 Celsius) up to 10 hours per day.Shift:
Monday - Friday 12:00 PM - 8:30 PMQualifications:EDUCATION:
- High school graduate or equivalent
"Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status."
- 3-5 years of experience with Distribution processes and inventory management skills.
- Must have passed physical and perform satisfactory driving test on all equipment (forklifts, turret truck/order-picker).
- Must have knowledge of personal computers, including basic use of a Windows environment.
- Prior working knowledge of SAP inventory tasks is preferred.
Primary Work LocationUSA MD - Sparks - 26 Loveton Circle Additional Locations Work Shift
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status, or any other protected status.