A Carter Lumber Outside Sales Representative is responsible for finding sales opportunities and completing sales primarily with local contractors. This is accomplished by identifying target customers, making calls, visiting job sites and assisting customers in a timely and efficient manner with their projects and related product knowledge. Sales techniques, developing customers, following through with commitments and heavy communication are all components of this position. A strong belief in the mission and goals of the company are necessary to this position.Requirements to be Considered for the Position:
Responsibilities of the Position:Sales & Relationship
- Previous experience selling building materials to contractors
- Previous knowledge and experience in the building materials industry
- Demonstrated ability to increase sales and improve profitability
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and understand construction practices
- Ability to participate effectively as a team member
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including weekends and holidays
- Building Identifies target customers, increases and maintains market share.
- Collects and keeps up-to-date information on customers' product use and trends.
- Services contractors by selling building materials and installed sales services.
- Determines appropriate credit program based on customer's needs.
- Meets and/or exceeds sales and profit goals by following up on sales leads, monitoring market trends and growing the positive reputation of the company.
- Ensures customer satisfaction by assisting with take-offs and communicating scheduling and delivery commitments.
Knowledge & Training
- Keeps lines of communication open between the team members at the store and customers to ensure that service is accurate and timely.
Benefits Provided (full-time employees):
- Identifies personal growth needs and learning opportunities.
- Completes required orientation and safety training.
- Commits to continued learning on products, packages, procedures and more.
- Medical Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Employer-matching 401(k) Plan
Posting ID: 583232160Posted: 2020-10-30