Construction Services Senior Specialist
The Construction Services Senior Specialist
will oversee all assigned projects executing all phases of construction for small renovations, rollouts and/or repair projects, and provide support to the team on large construction project for retail stores, and company support facilities to achieve the company's goals and provide an enhanced shopping experience for our customers.Primary Responsibilities:
Core Competencies & Accomplishments:
- SCOPE - The Senior Specialist will help identify and clarifying the project scopes. He/she will attend meetings to ensure that the plans and scopes are accurate for bidding. He/she will be responsible to communicate scope to all team members.
- BUDGET - The Senior Specialist will be responsible to develop and manage project budgets on assigned projects. They will be responsible for project forecasting on a weekly basis utilizing the JCP Project Management Platform.
- PLANS & SPECIFICATIONS - The Senior Specialist will take lead on making sure communication is clear across the board. He/she will make sure that the JCP Field Supervision, GC's, General Manager's and District teams have the latest project drawings and scopes.
- MATERIAL PROCUREMENT - The Senior Specialist will review the schedules all fixtures and building equipment deliveries on assigned projects. He/she will work with Construction Operations, Procurement and Finance groups to order all materials/fixtures for the projects. They will also assist in tracing/ordering fixtures that were shorted, damaged and/or added to the project to make sure project completes as planned.
- BIDDING - The Senior Specialist will develop the front-end documents to make sure project scope is clear and accurate for bidding.
- CONTRACT MANGEMENT - The Senior Specialist will manage the project from start to completion. He/she is responsible to close out the projects in a timely manner. He/she will make sure all reports, punch list, pictures and documents meet the department close out guidelines.
- COLLABORATION - The Senior Specialist will help develop new ideas and concepts cross functionally with Store Operations, Planning, Design, Procurement, Real Estate, Facilities, Architecture & Engineering teams.
What you get:
- College degree (B.S / A.A.S.) in Civil Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Architecture, Architectural Engineering, Construction Management, and/or Project Management desirable.
- 1 - 3 years industry experience in Construction Project Management or retail related construction projects - ground up, renovations, and rollouts.
- Overall Computer and software skills. Must have experience with Microsoft Office Suite, Power Point, Blue Beam, Project Management Software
- Must have organizational and planning skills. Strategic vision, tactical management skills and the ability to anticipate and plan ahead.
- Ability to travel 10%.
Our corporate office, located within the exciting new development of Legacy West in Plano, Texas, supports JCPenney stores and supply chain facilities nationwide. We offer a competitive benefits package including medical/dental/vision, term life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, 401(k) Savings Plan with company match, and an associate discount on JCPenney merchandise. On-site campus amenities include health clinic, daycare and preschool, full cafeteria service, a fitness center, and free garage parking.About JCPenney:
At JCPenney, we share a passion for serving customers, supporting our communities and being the best retailer for all families. As a company founded on the Golden Rule, our success is rooted in the belief that we treat everyone the way we would want to be treated. At every touchpoint, customers discover stylish merchandise at incredible value from an extensive portfolio of private, exclusive and national brands. Reinforcing this shopping experience is the customer service and warrior spirit of approximately 90,000 associates across the globe, all driving toward the Company's mission to help customers find what they love for less time, money and effort.
Working at JCPenney means joining a dedicated team of associates who are encouraged to be uniquely themselves in a safe, caring and welcoming environment. It is a place where careers prosper, accomplishments are celebrated and diversity flourishes. It's a place that's meant for you.
For more opportunities to join our team please visit our careers page.
Follow us and see what's new: Instagram Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Media Room jcp.com
Construction Services Senior SpecialistLocation:
Plano, TX, United States - Job ID:
J.C. Penney Company Inc.