As a company critical to the needs of everyday people, we are remaining open despite the ongoing situation with COVID-19 and are looking to hire people just like YOU to help keep America fed and stocked with supplies.
UNFI is one of the largest grocery wholesalers in the U.S. We invite you to join us in delivering those groceries to our communities! Our drivers are home every day working in a region between Stevens Point, Milwaukee and Green Bay. They also enjoy top insurance and pension benefits contributed to by UNFI. All DOT regulations are strictly followed.
Primary responsibility is to deliver palletized products to UNFI's independent customers. Drivers may use manual or automatic trucks to pull 53 foot ThermoKing and Carrier units. Drivers will assist with unloading and must be available for weekends. Hours will vary from 30-60 per week depending upon needs throughout the year. Yard shuttling responsibilities are included in this position.Job Requirements:
- Must have a valid Class A CDL license
- Minimum of 2 years of tractor trailer driving experience or 1 year experience with proof of graduation from an accredited commercial driving school
- Clean driver record
- Must be willing to work mornings, evenings, and holidays
- Every weekend is required
- Good customer service skills
- Driving tractor trailer truck
- Climb in and out of a tractor
- Outside temperatures while performing pre and post trip inspections
- Ability to sit for long periods of time
- Loud work environment
- Ability to lift cases weighing up to 90 pounds in the event of a customer assist delivery
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. UNFI is an Equal Opportunity employer committed to creating an inclusive and respectful environment for all. - M/F/Veteran/Disability. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Posting ID: 583232674Posted: 2020-11-06