: Utilize CAD skills in relevant software to model complex 3-D geometry in the design of mechanical/electrical components in support of the implementation of new products and product changes targeted to improve quality and reduce manufacturing cost as directed by their Supervisor. Requires interfacing and communications with other functional areas of the business as needed. Manages projects and communicates status to Supervisor and others. Works with project teams, offers design solutions and solves problems. Principal Duties and Responsibilities
Qualifications :Knowledge, Skills and Ability:
- Create 3D CAD drawings, models, and assemblies using Siemens NX. Utilize TeamCenter PLM, ASME drawing standards, Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing and conceptual knowledge of designing for manufacturability and assembly (DFMA) and design intent (robust model design) in various projects.
- Perform Duties of CAD Administrator
- Prepare New Product Releases, BOM's, and Engineering Change Orders or review same for accuracy.
- Correlate design requirements to materials, manufacturing processes and application.
- Coordinate the activities of the 3D printers if called upon.
- May act as an informal resource for team members with less experience
- Understand how own and related teams coordinate their efforts and resources to achieve objectives.
- Solve complex problems; takes a new perspective on existing solutions; exercises judgment based on the analysis of multiple sources of information
- Explain complex technical information including interdependencies within the team and others
- Perform other tasks as assigned.
- Associate in Engineering or other Technical Discipline.
- At least 7 years of experience in a design related function.
- Must meet the requirements and have the ability to perform the duties and responsibilities of Designer II position and CAD Administrator.
- Written and verbal communication skills required to explain complex technical information including interdependencies within the team and others and provide written and/or oral updates relating to project status.
- Ability to solve complex problems; take a new perspective on existing solutions and exercise judgment based on the analysis of multiple sources of information.
- Ability to manage projects and communicate status to Supervisor and others.
Normal office environment with frequent exposure to laboratory and factory. Limited travel required. Work Authorization
No calls or agencies please. Emerson will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire. Equal Opportunity Employer
Emerson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
If you have a disability and are having difficulty accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request help by calling 1-314-553-2544 (V/TTY/TDD) or by sending an email to email@example.com.
Posting ID: 583240535Posted: 2020-10-30