Inpatient Med/Surg Clinical Pharmacist Job Location:
Boston, MA Req ID:
36233BR Job Summary:
Initiates and ensures the quality of pharmacy drug distribution services in all patient care areas. Assumes direct responsibility of direct medication distribution, IV admixtures, safety and efficacy of prescribed drug therapy in accordance with laws and regulations governing pharmacists and the practice of pharmacy by the appropriate state and federal agencies. Essential Responsibilities:
- Practices in accordance with the laws, rules, and regulations of the Massachusetts Board of Registration in Pharmacy, Department of Public Health, the Food and Drug Administration, and the Drug Enforcement Administration and in accordance with established policies and procedures. Maintains certification and credentials in accordance with the Board of Registration.
- Responsible for the daily operations of assigned areas. Manages workload and coordinates personnel in teamwork within the environment. Resolves operational problems arising in specific area. Assists in the development and maintenance of pharmacy polices and procedures and provide cares as described in the departments polices/procedures.
- Evaluates medication orders; reviews disease state parameters, allergies, drug-drug interactions and duplication of therapy. Communicates with physician on discrepancies, possible interactions, or changes necessary. Informs nurse of problem and resolution. Documents all interventions.
- Provides drug information to physicians, nurses and other health care professionals. Continually evaluates quality and timeliness of dispensing performance within procedural framework. Uses initiative and resourcefulness to assure best possible patient service. Communicates applicable information to subsequent shifts ensuring the continuity of care.
- Bachelor's degree required in Pharmacy. Doctoral degree preferred in Pharmacy
- License required: Pharmacist
- 0-1 years related work experience required.
- Licensed Registered Pharmacist in Massachusetts (or immediate eligibility) required.
- Experience with computer systems required, including web based applications and some Microsoft Office applications which may include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access.
- Direct patient care experience in hospital pharmacy, preferably in an academic medical center setting.
- ASHP accredited residency is a plus.
Age based Competencies:
- Written Communications:Ability to summarize and communicate in English moderately complex information in varied written formats to internal and external customers.
- Oral Communications:Ability to comprehend and communicate complex verbal information in English to medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
- Knowledge:Ability to demonstrate in-depth knowledge of concepts, practices and policies with the ability to use them in complex varied situations.
- Team Work:Ability to work collaboratively in small teams to improve the operations of immediate work group by offering ideas, identifying issues, and respecting team members.
- Customer Service:Ability to provide a high level of customer service and staff training to meet customer service standards and expectations for the assigned unit(s). Resolves service issues in the assigned unit(s) in a timely and respectful manner.
Employees in this job must be competent to provide patient care to the following age groups: Neonatal:Birth to 6 months, Young adult: 16-30 years, Middle Age: 30 - 60 years, Elderly: 60 -. Physical Nature of the Job:
Sedentary work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally in carrying, lifting, pushing, pulling objects. Sitting most of the time, with walking and standing required only occasionally
Posting ID: 583241009Posted: 2020-10-30