The Ideal Candidate
- Under the direction of an Environmental Services Supervisor the EVS Technician I is responsible for disinfecting areas to reduce the spread of bacteria and infection as well as providing an environment that appears clean, fresh and polished
- This position performs a variety of duties that support the department in maintaining a clean environment for patients and staff.
- Supports co-workers by maintaining attendance requirements.
- Demonstrates willingness to adapt to changing individual and institutional roles, needs, and environment.
- Is dedicated to superior customer service and satisfaction.
- Consistently provides quality products/services.
- Maintains awareness and follows safety policies and procedures applicable to assigned duties.
- High touch surface disinfection and cleaning
Properly clean and disinfect all types of areas including clinical inpatient/outpatient (patient rooms, exam rooms,
nurse stations, etc.), support/common areas, offices, labs, conference rooms, elevators, stairwells, corridors, external grounds, etc.
Handle and dispose of medical waste and sharps observing all required precautions, including properly tying and labeling bags
Use proper chemicals, tools, and equipment for each situation
Clean spills containing blood or other potentially infectious material using established infection control, safety, and ES departmental procedures
Occasionally may have to travel to off-site locations
Complete other duties as assigned
- Policies and Procedures
Follow departmental and other regulatory standards regarding all cleaning policies and procedures (using proper
disinfectants, labeling chemical bottles,keeping an organized cart,etc.)
Perform all essential functions following established safety and infection control requirements (perform hand hygiene, wear PPE, etc.)
Follow instructions and guidelines set forth by Environmental Services management
- Training and Competencies
Demonstrate competency by completing required departmental education and training
Represent the Environmental Services department positively and professionally at all times
Maintain positive relationships and good communication with patients, visitors, staff members, and those within the Environmental Services department
Report all facilities/maintenance issues to Supervisor Credentials and Qualifications:
- High school Diploma or Equivalent required
- 6 months healthcare/environmental experience OR 6 months service/hospitality related experience
- Please note, an additional 6 months healthcare/hospitality/customer service experience may be considered on top of the 6 months experience required for a total of 12 months may be considered in lieu of a HS Diploma or GED
OR Completion of a healthcare environmental services training from MacDonald Training Center may also be considered in lieu of both the six( 6) months of experience and HS diploma/GED
- Ability to follow oral/written instruction and communicate effectively (speaking and reading) in English.
Posting ID: 583241751Posted: 2020-10-30