Know that there are people behind the data. Patients and Physicians rely on our diagnostic testing, information and services to help them make better healthcare decisions. These are often serious decisions with far reaching consequences, and require sensitivity, tact and a clear dedication to service. It's about providing clarity and hope.
As a Specimen Processor you will work for the world leader in the industry, with a career where you can expand your skills and knowledge. You'll have a role where you can act with professionalism, you can inspire colleagues, and you can care about the work we do and the people we serve.
At Quest, our Specimen Processors play an essential role in our success and provide a critical service responding to the often pressured requirements of accurate diagnoses. As a career, it offers a unique opportunity to learn and develop a profession offering long-term stability and development. You can also earn a competitive salary and great overtime, while growing your own career.
Technician Specimen II- Hospital - Columbia, MO req52828
JOB TITLE: Technician Specimen II - Hospital
LOCATION: Columbia, Missouri
SCHEDULE: Monday to Friday 12:00pm - 9:00pm
The Specimen Preparation Technician II in Specimen Processing is responsible for knowing all of the functions of the SPT I, plus additional functions. This individual will have completed the necessary training consistent with local business unit practices for Specimen Processing and shows proficiency in the following areas: Test ordering policy, specimen requirements related to test ordering. Additionally, must meet accuracy and production standards, and must meet all the job accountabilities and job requirements/environment indicated in the SPTI job description. The SPT II is involved in more complex processing which could include but not limited to A Station, Frozen, CPU (incl. hospital), and Micro.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Demonstrates proficiency in responsibilities of the SPT I
• Meets/exceeds productivity and quality standards
• Solves more complex problems on a routine basis
• Demonstrates a basic understanding of how Specimen Processing impacts the testing laboratory
• Identifies problems and in some cases, may resolve issues with specimen types such as missing information etc.
• Understands the complex relationship between test(s) ordered and received
• Completes all required written documentation, legibly and within the assigned time frame
• Meets standards for production and accuracy within 3 months
• Adheres to all Quest Diagnostics, Inc. policies and procedures, including safety and compliance.
• Performs all other duties as assigned.
Education Preferred: • HS diploma or equivalent
Work Experience: • Medical background preferred which includes medical terminology applicable to a clinical laboratory
• Previous experience in a production environment preferred
• Internal candidates must have a minimum of 9 months experience and be meeting all performance standards in the SPT I role
Physical and Mental Requirements: • Position requires data background with abilities to enter 6,000 alphanumeric keystrokes/hour
• Works in a biohazard environment, practicing good safety habits
• Able to sit or stand for long periods
• Handles multiple tasks simultaneously and works in a production environment
Other: • Communicates effectively with all levels of internal and external staff
• Maintains composure while working under pressure
• Keeps work area neat and clean
• Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills that foster a positive environment
• Demonstrates flexibility and is able to adapt to change
Quest Diagnostics has many career opportunities for individuals whose talent, initiative and dedication will complement our belief that the patients come first and that values do matter. We work to earn our customers' trust every day by providing the highest quality diagnostic information services in a professional, accessible and informative way.
We have a large recognized brand; we offer flexibility and autonomy, great support, pay and benefits and a comprehensive training and onboarding program.
All requirements are subject to possible modifications to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Quest Diagnostics is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Women / Minorities / Veterans / Disabled / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity / Citizenship.
Posting ID: 583243038Posted: 2020-11-06