Don't just live life....love life!
Who wants to go to a boring job? At Lifespace, we get paid to create memories for our residents!
We are not limited by our job title. We are one team united by our passion for service with a dash of fun. No matter the stage in your career, this is your opportunity to be empowered to create your own lasting impression.
Lifespace Communities would like to introduce the opportunity to become a Fitness Instructor
at Claridge Court, a CCRC community located in Prairie Village, KS. The shift that we are currently seeking is 10-15 hours per week.
The Fitness Trainer is responsible to provide individual as well as group fitness training sessions to the residents of the Community, conduct individual fitness assessments, provide orientation for effective use of fitness equipment and assist in development and implementation of new fitness programming. A few other details about the role:
And here's what you need to apply:
- Provide personal training services to residents.
- Lead group land and aquatic fitness classes, as assigned.
- Conduct fitness assessments of residents.
- Document resident attendance and individual fitness progress data. Review and update with residents their individual training plans.
- Provide resident engagement as allowed within the scope of the position.
- Assist Fitness Manager in developing and implementing individual and group fitness sessions. Create and execute activity and fitness programs for varied levels of physical abilities and interests.
- Provide orientation for effective use fitness equipment.
- Promote resident involvement in overall wellness programming by communicating events and actively participate in the events.
- Comply with applicable federal, state and local laws, rules, and regulations; maintains knowledge of and follows all company policies and procedures.
- Obtain knowledge and demonstrate the principles of Living Lifespace, person directed care and successful aging philosophies and their inherent core values of commitment, respect, compassion, dedication, team work and quality.
- Team member will support, actively participate and act in accordance with the principles of the Living Lifespace service culture and be familiar with and fluent in the language and service pillars of Living Lifespace.
- Maintain regular and punctual attendance at work and meetings.
Accessibility: If you need an accommodation as part of the employment process please contact Human Resources at
- Associate's degree in exercise science or related field. Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Two to three years of fitness experience
- Accredited certification in personal training required. (ACE, ACSM, AEA, AFAA, or NASM)
- Or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Current CPR certification
- Water Safety Training
- Aqua certification preferred.
- Ability to successfully motivate and inspire residents in class participation and fitness program.
- Knowledge of fitness training techniques and fitness class content
- Ability to create and execute activity and fitness programs for independent living and health center residents.
- Possess technical knowledge in utilizing electronic software programs.
- Capable of making independent solid judgment, problem solving, adapting to change and ability to multi-task.
- Must be able to read, write, spell and perform clerical/administrative functions.
- Ability to read, write and speak English sufficient to perform job duties and to interact and communicate with residents, vendors and team members.
Lifespace has enjoyed over 40 years of success and this is just the beginning. With new opportunities, continued growth, and the support from your Lifespace family get ready to ignite your life and experience Living Lifespace.
Lifespace Communities headquartered in West Des Moines, Iowa, is one of the nation's largest senior living provider of non-profit retirement communities. The organization has annual revenue of over $340 million and employs over 3,800 team members. Lifespace Communities is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Lifespace has remained true to its founding ideal: to help create exceptional, financially sound communities where people could enjoy a more rewarding and secure retirement. The organization is committed to excellence and innovation in creating communities that celebrate the lives of seniors. Lifespace serves over 5,100 residents.
The Lifespace Communities are as follows:
- Abbey Delray - Delray Beach, Florida
- Abbey Delray South - Delray Beach, Florida
- Beacon Hill - Lombard, Illinois
- Claridge Court - Prairie Village, Kansas
- Deerfield Retirement Community - Urbandale, Iowa
- Edgemere - Dallas, Texas
- Friendship Village Of Bloomington - Bloomington, Minnesota
- Friendship Village Of South Hills - Upper St. Claire, Pennsylvania
- Grand Lodge At The Preserve - Lincoln, Nebraska
- Harbour's Edge - Delray Beach, Florida
- Oak Trace - Downers Grove, Illinois
- Querencia at Barton Creek - Austin, Texas
- The Stayton - Fort Worth, Texas
- Village On The Green - Longwood, Florida
- The Waterford - Juno Beach, Florida
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans.
If you want to view the EEO is the Law poster, please choose your language: English - Spanish - Arabic - Chinese
If you want to view the EEO is the Law Supplement poster, please choose your language: English - Spanish - Chinese
If you want to view the Pay Transparency Policy Statement, please click the link: English
Posting ID: 583243651Posted: 2020-10-30