Agency: Agency for Health Care Administration
Working Title: 68064706 - SENIOR MANAGEMENT ANALYST II
Salary: $1,783.89-$2,230.77 BI WEEKLY
Posting Closing Date: 11/30/2020
This is an exciting opportunity to help shape the quality of health care in Florida. The Agency for Health Care Administration (AHCA) is the State of Florida agency responsible for oversight of the Medicaid program. The Medicaid program provides low-income families and individuals with access to health care. If you have a desire to use your talent and skills at an organization that provides critical services to millions of individuals and families across the state, AHCA invites you to apply to become an essential member of our team. As one of Florida's leading state agencies, AHCA's diverse workforce community of more than 1,400 employees is proud of its efforts to serve the people of Florida.
We are seeking to hire a Senior Management Analyst II who desires to work to enhance the delivery of health care services through the Florida Medicaid Program. This position requires a candidate who is creative, flexible, innovative, and who will thrive in a fast-paced, team based work environment.
This position is located in the Medicaid Director's Office. The Medicaid Director's office has oversight authority for the Medicaid program and provides support and guidance to the seven Medicaid bureaus/offices.
This position is responsible for overseeing junior and senior project managers, and would also serve as a senior project manager.
Project Management Experience: AHCA is seeking an individual with proven project management experience and managerial experience to work in the Division of Medicaid's Projects and Process Improvement Unit as the supervisor of the project management team. This unit works closely with AHCA leadership in a deadline-driven environment to ensure successful planning and implementation of projects related to Florida's Medicaid Program.
Supervising: Communicates regularly with each staff member under his/her direction for the purpose of providing guidance and direction on project teams, motivating, training, and evaluating employees, as well as assisting employee(s) in planning and directing work. Oversees training and professional development of employees; conducting performance appraisals of SMART goals; approving leave requests; hiring and taking disciplinary actions or effectively recommending such actions; addressing employee complaints and resolving problems. Ensures unit compliance with personnel mandates and deadlines. Provides status updates on work performed within the unit.
Communication: Acts as point of contact for project sponsors, team leads, team members, leadership, and other stakeholders to coordinate and facilitate regular communication on all assigned projects. Maintains professional verbal and written communication.
Planning: Directs and works with project teams in planning a project from start to finish. Identifies business needs and consults with leadership, internal staff, and sister agencies to gather information and determine requirements for implementation of comprehensive projects through work breakdown structure exercises and other meetings. Recommends options and priorities to project team members.
Execution and Control: Directs and works with project teams and ensures that projects stay on schedule. Manages project teams and assists teams with risk management, change control, formal Decision Points, and other project control tools.
Scheduling: Prepares detailed project schedules using MS Project based on work breakdown structure exercises. Keeps project schedules up-to-date on a daily basis; project schedules are presented to leadership on a regular basis. Ensures that project deadlines are met and escalates slipping tasks appropriately. Provides timely feedback to leadership to ensure resources are sufficient to meet project requirements.
Documentation: Maintains detailed, timely, accurate, and complete project information using established project management templates and the unit's Standards and Expectation Guide. Uploads all critical project information to SharePoint for each assigned team. Manages and mitigates project risks and issues, and maintains other project documentation at the direction of the unit supervisor.
Development and Maturity: Participates in developing, establishing, and administering project management standards, templates, and methodology. Contributes to the collective works and body of knowledge of the unit and assists to identify best practices.
The incumbent of this position would have access to internal and external training opportunities and exposure to many aspects of Medicaid's functional areas. These opportunities and exposure provide a strong knowledge base for professional growth within one of the top 20 largest health care systems in the United States (Florida Medicaid).
AHCA offers an excellent array of benefits, including:
•Dental, vision and supplemental insurance
•Vacation and sick leave
•Opportunities for career advancement
•Tuition waiver for public college courses
For more information about the Medicaid Director's Office, please visit our website at http://ahca.myflorida.com/Medicaid/index.shtml.
Join us at the Agency for Health Care Administration in fulfilling our mission to provide "Better Health Care for all Floridians." KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of Microsoft Project, Word, Excel, Outlook, Visio and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of project management principles and methodologies according to the PMBOK.
- Able to manage other project managers and provide guidance and direction on staff's projects or operational tasks.
- Able to manage projects effectively, confidently lead/facilitate meetings, manage conflict, and keep team members on task with their assignments.
- Able to manage multiple large projects at once.
- Able to plan, organize and coordinate work assignments.
- Able to work successfully in a deadline driven environment.
- Able to assertively lead, communicate, negotiate, and problem solve while maintaining a professional and respectful relationship with all staff at all leadership levels.
- Able to motivate/influence others with a positive attitude.
- Able to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others, both independently and within a team.
- Able to be flexible, as stakeholder needs can and do change.
- Goal oriented and self-disciplined.
- Applicants should possess strong writing, listening, and interpersonal skills.
- Six years of project management experience related to legislative mandates and/or program implementation, or six years of program operational experience and managing projects involving multiple divisions/bureaus/units.
- Six years of management of projects or experience with implementing programs that required you to manage conflict between equally important competing interests.
- Managed a project from beginning to completion.
BRITTANY GRAY 850-412-3695
The State of Florida is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer, and does not tolerate discrimination or violence in the workplace.
Candidates requiring a reasonable accommodation, as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act, must notify the agency hiring authority and/or People First Service Center (1-866-663-4735). Notification to the hiring authority must be made in advance to allow sufficient time to provide the accommodation.
The State of Florida supports a Drug-Free workplace. All employees are subject to reasonable suspicion drug testing in accordance with Section 112.0455, F.S., Drug-Free Workplace Act. Nearest Major Market: