A LITTLE ABOUT US:
Dungarvin is a national organization of privately owned companies that are dedicated to providing high quality, community-based supports to people with intellectual and developmental disabilities, people who are faced with mental health, behavioral or significant medical challenges, and to children and their families.
Our founders (Husband and wife duo) Tim and Diane Madden opened the first Dungarvin program, an ICF/MR serving 15 people, in St. Paul, Minnesota, in March 1976. Tim and Diane were the live-in "houseparents" for that first program. Through the success of that program Dungarvin has grown to employ approximately 4,000 people who currently provide supports to over 4,000 individuals across 14 states.
AREA OF RESPONSIBILITY:
The Budget Analyst will assist in the development, analysis, and communication of reliable information in support of achieving the organization's financial and operational objectives. Under the direct supervision of the Senior Financial Analyst, the Budget Analyst will bring flexibility to the organization by supporting the financial needs of Regional leadership including the Senior Financial Analyst, Budget Specialist, Regional Directors, and Operations Staff.
The Budget Analyst will support the Senior Financial Analyst in an effort to provide additional planning capacity, and will perform a wide range of financial and operational functions including:
SKILLS CRUCIAL TO SUCCESS IN THIS ROLE:
- Assist the Senior Financial Analyst in the planning, analysis, maintenance and presentation of financial information using Microsoft Word Excel, Access, Forecaster Budgeting Software, and Great Plains Accounting System.
- Attend regional monthly financial review meetings, quarterly forecasts meetings and annual plan meetings and document key information and decisions as required.
- Process high volumes of data for downloading into the Forecaster database and Great Plains accounting system while also evaluating the data's relevance for inclusion in budgets, forecasts and plans.
- Identify and resolve errors and discrepancies between budgets, forecasts, plan and actual numbers presented in financial statements and quarterly forecasts and plan presentations.
- Assist in the maintenance of data within the Forecaster database (e.g. adding new accounts, departments, creating new versions, etc.).
- Investigate and answer routine queries arising from directors, regional director and SMT.
- Plan, organize and manage own workload to ensure deadlines are met in a timely and accurate manner.
- Suggest changes to internal department procedures as identified and be involved in the continuous improvement development of processes.
- Create, develop and maintain excel spreadsheets used by Analytical Support department for budgeting and tracking of data.
- Establish and maintain paper and electronic files in an organized and secure fashion.
- Assist in the preparation of annual plan and forecasts presentations by updating and creating Microsoft Word documents, Excel workbooks, and PowerPoint presentations that visually represent financial data.
- Act as a liaison on behalf of the Senior Financial Analyst, as needed and appropriate.
- Candidate must be able to run a list of reports; and do financial forecasting
- Candidate should be adaptive with systems and technology: this person will assist with implementation/training of new financial software
- Be a organized, self-motivated and process driven employee, comfortable with the unknown; as the organization grows this role will adapt as well as will be involved in ad-hoc projects
- Outgoing, inquisitive personality and research oriented; this persons will gain acquisition knowledge/experience
- Passion for data entry and driven to meet/exceed deadlines
- Excellent written and communications skills
- Possess the ability to work with all levels of management and foster relationships with financial and operational team members
- A Bachelor's Degree in a business related discipline is desired along with a minimum of 5 - 7 years accounting/finance experience.
- Must possess a budgeting/forecasting/reporting background and have experience working with multiple business entities.
- Must be able to collect, interpret, and organize large amounts of data.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and financial/accounting software (preferably Microsoft Dynamics - GP).
- Prior experience with budgeting and forecasting software a plus
Senior Financial Analyst
40 hours per week.
Monday- Friday 8:00AM- 5:00PM (FLEX)
Occasional travel (roughly 5%)
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Posting ID: 583244566Posted: 2020-10-30