Under the direction of the supervisor, develops lesson plans and presents lessons in subject areas to students with disabilities. Plans, organizes, and implements an appropriate instructional program and learning environment for students. JOB SPECIFIC DUTIES:
- Provide direct and indirect instructional support to students in a positive environment.
- Employ strategies and techniques during instruction to improve the development of sensory and perceptual motor skills, language, cognition, and memory.
- Instruct students in academic subjects using a variety of techniques such as phonetics, multi-sensory learning, and repetition to reinforce learning and to meet students' varying needs and interests.
- Teach socially acceptable behavior, as determined by the students' Individualized Education Programs (IEPs) by employing techniques in an overall positive behavioral support system.
- Modify the general education curriculum for students with disabilities based upon a variety of instructional techniques and technologies.
- Develop appropriate accommodations for access to the General Education Curriculum
- Provide differentiated instruction
- Maintain an annual review log and submit to the Special Education Curriculum Specialist in a timely manner
- Maintain an eligibility log and submit to the Special Education Curriculum Specialist in a timely manner
- Collect current data for Students with Disabilities (SWD) eligibility report
- Complete SWD progress monitoring in a timely fashion
- Adhere to system guidelines when SWD enter a facility
- Plan and conduct activities for a balanced program of instruction, demonstration, and work time that provides students with opportunities to observe, question, and investigate.
- Establish and enforce rules for behavior and procedures for maintaining an environment conducive to learning for all students.
- Meet with parents to discuss their child's progress and determine priorities for their children and their individualized educational needs.
- Confer with parents, administrators, and other professionals to develop Individualized Education Programs (IEPs) designed to promote students' academic and social/emotional development in a timely manner.
- Maintain accurate, complete student records, as required by law, district policies, and administrative regulations.
- Establish clear objectives for lessons, units, projects, and communicate those objectives to students.
- Develop plans for effective communication, monitoring, and follow-up of students in inclusive classroom settings.
- Provide crisis intervention, as needed, for students.
- Completion of an undergraduate degree from an accredited college or university and be eligible to obtain a Georgia Clear and Renewable Teacher Certificate as required by statute.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS:Preference will be given to applicants who possess all the following:
- OR Hold a Provisional Georgia Educator's Certificate AND eligible to obtain a Georgia Clear and Renewable Teacher Certificate as required by statute.
- Bachelor's Degree in Education or Special Education
- A Clear Renewable Certification SRT- 4 or higher in Special Education General Curriculum (P-12)
- May Include Special Education (Content Area: Social Studies is preferred) Cognitive Level (4-8) or (6-12)
- Knowledge of developing IEPs for students with disabilities
Note: Prior teaching experience in a youth facility or with at risk youth is a plus but not
required. THIS IS AN INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL JOB ANNOUNCEMENT
THIS IS AN UNCLASSIFIED POSITION.
THE SELECTED APPLICANT FOR THE POSITION WILL BE SUBJECT TO A REFERENCE CHECK AND CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK, WHERE APPLICABLE
PLEASE INCLUDE ALL RELEVANT JOB INFORMATION ON THE APPLICATION FOR
CONSIDERATION. ALL APPLICATIONS WILL BE PRESCREENED. DJJ IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Posting ID: 583245433Posted: 2020-10-30