It is our people behind life's passions who will make the big difference. If you are interested in becoming part of a company that delivers market leading products, driving your own career and working with brands committed to active lifestyles, then you've found your fit.Have what it takes? Join us.Position Summary:
Performing a wide variety of tasks including utilizing forklift equipment and yard tractors to prepare and load large shipments in a safe and productive manner while adhering to all DOT regulations. Essential Functions:
- Supports safe work practices and 5S
- Ability to operate powered industrial equipment such as forklifts, hoists, pallet jacks, yard spotters, and semis to position trailers and load product onto trailers or containers. Certification is required
- Secure product to transport equipment by following standard operations procedures
- Cutting various wooden rigging elements used in loading product
- Construct steel rigging and uprights necessary to haul specific loads
- Ability to utilize saws and hand tools to construct shipping containers as needed
- Communicate and coordinate with other departments as needed
- Report supply needs, equipment breakdowns, shortages and poor-quality materials to supervisor or lead
- Demonstrated ability to perform work to designated standard work/cycle times.
- Accurately completes different types of paperwork as required.
- Cleans equipment and work area as required, including but not limited to, monthly preventative maintenance, daily equipment inspections, and all routine audits
- Perform other duties as assigned
High School Diploma or GED. Previous forklift experience required; 1 to 3 years of heavy machinery movement preferred. Demonstrated ability to work effectively with other employees in a team environment. Must have excellent verbal communication skills, be detail oriented, and work independently in a fast-paced environment. Must have demonstrated proficiency in reading blueprints, a tape measure, and basic math skills. Specific work areas may require additional certification. Physical Demands/Work Environment:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently standing and lifting heavy objects weighing 50 to 100 pounds. The employee is constantly walking, pushing/pulling, reaching, and climbing stairs. The employee is occasionally squatting, kneeling, and using fine hand movements such as tightening screws, bolts, and securing pins. Specific vision requirements include close vision, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust focus. Environmental demands include working both indoors and outdoors and is seasonally exposed to extreme temperatures.
Additional information and details can be found in the Physical Job Demands Analysis. Additional Comments:
The essential functions and physical demands have been provided as examples of the type of work performed by employees assigned to this job classification. The Company reserves the right to modify the work assignments and/or to make reasonable accommodations so that qualified employees can perform the essential functions. The job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities. It is intended to describe the general nature of the position.
Brunswick Corporation is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. (M
inorities / F
emales / D
isabled / V
eterans). We are the people behind life's passions.Brunswick does not accept applications, inquiries or solicitations from unapproved staffing agencies or vendors. For help, please contact our support team at:
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
EEO is The Law - click here for more information
Brunswick and Workday Privacy Policies
Posting ID: 583245528Posted: 2020-10-30