Per Diem Pharmacist - Modesto, CA
The Per Diem Pharmacist ensures that our customers' needs are met and exceeded delivering remarkable customer service and providing customers with exceptional product knowledge, efficient service and a friendly attitude.
The Per Diem Pharmacist works under the direction of the Director of Pharmacy to assist in pharmacy operations by providing comprehensive pharmaceutical care through filling prescriptions, providing clinical services, and counseling patients. Requirements
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Must be licensed by the State Board of Pharmacy in state of work and complete 30 hours of continuing education every two years; must be available to work a variety of required retail hours.
- No minimum experience required.
- Possess a Pharmacy-Based Immunization Delivery Certification through an accredited organization (i.e. APhA).
- Possess and keep a current CPR certification.
- Must have Hepatitis B Series or signed Declination Form on file.
- Must be registered with Cures (PDMP) system for controlled substance monitoring.
- Possess and keep a current BBP certification.
- Must have flexibility in schedule to be able to cover pharmacy operations as needed.
- Ensure compliance with all federal, state, and local regulations (i.e. HIPAA).
- Ensure compliance with all company policies and procedures.
- Provides customers with a remarkable shopping experience by greeting and thanking customers in a prompt, courteous and friendly manner, answering questions, assisting with locating products, and ringing up purchases as needed.
- Accurately and efficiently prepares compounds and dispenses prescriptions for customers according to legal requirements (includes product selection, counting and measuring drugs, capping and uncapping vials and bottles and labeling of prescriptions).
- Advises customers regarding instructions for medications prescribed by physicians and recommend use of OTC (over the counter) medications.
- Reports prescription incidents to the Director of Pharmacy.
- Verifies that prescription is from a licensed prescriber.
- Participate in administering immunizations to all patients that are eligible per our standing immunization protocol.
- Provide Medication Therapy Management (MTM) services, as prescribed and required.
- Communicates with Director of Pharmacy on progress and policies of pharmacy department.
- Keeps accurate records of all prescriptions dispensed in pharmacy computer system.
- May photocopy specific prescriptions for additional record keeping; gives all subpoenas and legal requests to the Pharmacy Manager; obtains written release from patient before providing records or information.
- Controls pharmacy inventory, re-orders medications as necessary.
- Ensures that the pharmacy meets all company pharmacy policies and government regulations regarding the safety of medication, delivery, and storage.
- Keeps abreast of new items, changing laws and regulations and new pharmacy-related programs through participating in continuing education courses and reviewing pharmacy related literature.
- Directs Pharmacy Technician, Interns or Clerks if Pharmacy Manager is not present.
- Performs Pharmacy Technician and Pharmacy Clerk functions as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Skills: Excellent communication, interpersonal, leadership/team building, customer service, training, organization, and administration (to include department financial) skills, pharmacy software, complete department product knowledge.
Knowledge of: Department operations and financials, applicable union contractual agreement language; must keep abreast of new items, changing laws and regulations and new pharmacy-related programs.
Education: Bachelor of Science Degree in Pharmacy or Doctor of Pharmacy from ACPE approved College of Pharmacy.
Experience: No minimum experience.
Other: Must be available to work a variety of required retail hours. Must be flexible to work different schedules, and at multiple store locations as needed to meet pharmacy operational needs. This position is not eligible for benefits.
Physical: Basic store environment.The Save Mart Companies is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we welcome resumes from individuals who will contribute to our diverse workforce.
Posting ID: 583246666Posted: 2020-10-30