Here is a great opportunity to join a great company! Medline Industries has enjoyed DOUBLE DIGIT GROWTH for 53 of the past 54 years! We've again been named to the Chicago Tribune's Top Workplaces, and we're again on the list of Becker's Great Places to Work in Healthcare.
We have a Senior Linux Systems Administrator role at our Mundelein, IL location where you will be primarily responsible for implementing, monitoring, troubleshooting, maintaining, upgrading, and securing all server-based systems. This includes staying on top of the latest technologies and understanding where they can fit into Medline's infrastructure.
Implementation of systems involves working with the application owner of a particular server or architecture to understand the requirements, procure, and install the system(s) to meet the business requirements. This includes updating supporting documentation and monitoring systems to meet Medline's standards.
The Linux Systems Administrator role will provide escalated maintenance and support of all systems. This will include performance monitoring, tuning, process automation, and security. The Systems Administrator will keep management, other team members, and customers aware of obstacles and status of changes in timely manner and uses proper judgment to determine when such communication is necessary. This person will also provide technical support to Operations and Business Application Teams while maintaining a professional demeanor at all times. They are also consistently able to interact professionally and work productively with all levels of Medline employees.
General Role Responsibilities:
• Install new / rebuild existing servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements.
• Research and recommend innovative, and where possible automated approaches for system administration tasks.
• Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources.
• Repair and recover from hardware or software failures. Coordinate and communicate with impacted IT Teams.
• Apply OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis, and upgrade administrative tools and utilities. Configure / add new services as necessary.
• Perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required. Configure CPU, memory, and disk partitions as required.
• Experienced with Red Hat/ SUSE Linux operating systems server builds, patching in VMWARE and physical server environment.
• Update AutoYast, Kickstart & Jumpstart installation procedures as new requirements arise.
• Write PERL/Python scripts to automate needs such as monitoring server resources.
• Create and maintain Systems Administration Procedures & Processes documents.
• Contribute to and maintain system standards.
• SUDO, LDAP and other account management experience is desired.
• At least one year of administering a Microsoft Azure cloud tenant preferred but not required
• Certifications related to Linux operating systems or VMware vSphere preferred but not required
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related, or equivalent work experience.
• 3+ years of experience administering and troubleshooting Linux and Solaris Servers
• Operational knowledge of shared storage systems that support virtualization deployments such as VMware vSphere
• Hands-on knowledge and understanding of hardware configuration and troubleshooting.
• Ability to resolve problems such as file system capacity, consistency and integrity of file systems, understand and take action on hardware related problems such as CPU, RAM, and disk failures.
• Experience installing, administering, and troubleshooting Linux operating system products in an enterprise environment a plus
• Experience with Bash and Perl/Python scripting
• Experience with SUSE Manager and/or Red Hat HA a plus.
• Oracle VM Experience a plus.
• Knowledge of HPE hardware a plus
• Demonstrate the ability to present areas of expertise to team members with guidance from lead/manager
• Excellent troubleshooting and critical thinking skills
• Demonstrate the willingness and ability to improve performance and/or capabilities across all areas of responsibility utilizing formal and informal training to maintain skill sets
• Consistently demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills
• This position may require up to 10% travel, potentially to include international travel.
More About Medline:
Medline is the largest privately held manufacturer and distributor of healthcare supplies in the United States, providing more than 550,000 products that serve the entire continuum of care. Our innovative products and programs can be found in most hospitals, extended-care facilities, surgery centers, physician offices, home care dealers, home health agencies and retail outlets.
Founded in 1910, Medline has grown from a small manufacturer of aprons, surgical gowns and uniforms to a thriving $12 billion global enterprise because of our dedicated people, entrepreneurial spirit and honest values.
Again named one of the country's "Best and Brightest Companies to Work For," and once again named to Chicago Tribune's Top Workplaces, Medline has experienced fifty-plus years of consecutive annual growth, and is headquartered in Northfield, IL.