United States of America Location:
HNC31: US095-Winston-Salem (Fairchild 1455 Fairchild Road, Winston-Salem, NC, 27105 USA JOB DESCRIPTION SEATING OPERATIONS FAIRCHILD OCCUPATION: ASSEMBLER CODE: 101DIVISION: B/E AEROSPACE, INC. LABOR GRADE: 1 DEPARTMENT: ASSEMBLY - SEAT OPERATIONS FAIRCHILD PAYROLL: DJOB FUNCTION:
MAJOR JOB DUTIES
- Work from verbal instructions, work orders, trim and finish drawings, pick sheets, and technical drawings. Perform assembly installations and adjustment operations on all sub-assembly components for aircraft seating and suite furniture. Perform basic trim operations to fabricate, assemble, cover, pad, and install all types of upholstery on aircraft seats. Make all final adjustments, alignments, and corrections necessary to assure compliance to all quality and specification requirements.
- Perform all sub-assembly and component assembly operations required to complete sub-assembled components for aircraft seating and/or suite furniture.
- Understand and utilize trim and finish drawings, work orders, non-conformance reports (NCRs), job cards, and verbal/written instructions to properly and efficiently assemble all components.
- Set up and use all types of fixtures, jigs, and testing equipment to complete sub-assembled components and manufacturing seating and/or suite furniture.
- Assemble, fit, and adjust metal details and plastic details to assembled structures, weldments and completed seat and/or furniture assemblies.
- Make all final checks and adjustments required for proper functional operation of components and completed seat and/or furniture assemblies.
- Make adjustments and repairs to assemblies by forming, trimming, filling, deburring, reaming, testing, cleaning, and straightening parts and assemblies as required.
- Ensure conformance to blueprints, written procedures, and quality specifications
- Move materials to and from work position
- Meet all production and quality standards.
- Keep accurate records and make reports in accordance with work performance requirements
- Smoothly and efficiently meet all production and quality standards
- Identify and notify supervision of non-compliance difficulties
- Maintain a clean and safe work area and report all discrepancies to management.
- Represent B/E Aerospace, Inc. in a professional and businesslike manner at all times.
. KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Requires high school diploma or equivalent
- Ability to read and understand work orders, trim and finish drawings, blueprints, job cards, and marked up drawings.
- An understanding of computers and the ability to enter and retrieve data from PCs as required.
- Working knowledge of basic shop math
- Ability to fill out standard forms and records
- Understanding of all data collection devices and computers, and the ability to enter and retrieve data from PCs as required
- Ability to lift, push, or pull materials weighing up to 50 pounds
- Ability to perform work standing
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Posting ID: 584037863Posted: 2020-11-02