Ensures coordination of patient care through the development and use of practice standards. Serves as a clinical expert providing analytical support to the nursing leadership to plan and predict patient care needs based on quality benchmarking, research, education and practice.
1. Designs, coordinates, integrates and evaluates nursing care for assigned units(s) to ensure optimal patient outcome. Performs or oversees the collection of holistic assessments. Carries a caseload of patients and provides care at the point of care.
2. Collaborates with unit leadership to create an environment that facilitates and improves patient care delivery. Synthesizes data, information and knowledge to evaluate and achieve optimal patient outcomes.
3. Ensures that patients and families are well-informed and included in care planning.
4. Provides leadership in the educational needs of patients and families and develops the clinical expertise of staff. Provides formal and informal educational opportunities on the unit to improve clinical skills of all staff.
5. Recommends specific programming to build clinical skill set of staff. Provides input and feedback to Manager related to evaluation and competency of staff.
6. Performs other duties as assigned.