As the Senior Temporary Works / Methods Engineer for Marine on the $3.3BN Hampton Roads Bridge Tunnel Expansion Project (HRBT) in Virginia, you will lead the Marine Methods Task Force on the project, coordinating the Design JV and Construction JV Marine efforts.
The Hampton Roads Connector Partners JV (HRCP), consisting of Flatiron, Dragados USA and VINCI, has been selected to construct the $3.3BN Design Build project -the largest civil construction contract ever awarded by the Virginia Department of Transportation (VDOT).
The project scope across a 9 mile section of the I-64 will include: a new 3.5-mile bridge-tunnel crossing that will accommodate a total of 8 lanes of capacity across the water, replacement of the existing marine approach bridges and the addition of a third lane on I-64 in each direction. The twin 45' diameter 1.5-mile tunnels will be bored by TBM, creating the second largest TBM tunnel opening for a TBM in North America. The project is expected to continue to the end of 2025.
- Liaise with and oversee the work of consultants, sub-consultants and peer reviewers for all marine temporary works and means and methods development on the project.
- Provide marine methods design and engineering input to necessary stakeholders, including but not limited to: sequencing of work, temporary works design for shoring, formwork, site installation, lifting operations, access, etc.
- Provide the methods for the structural design of temporary structures (Steel Structural Design, Reinforced Concrete Design)
- Work closely together with designers, estimators and project engineers to create method statements.
- Check plans and methods with internal and external partners.
- Preparation of price proposal requests
- Ensure quality and safety are integrated throughout all processes of design
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering or a closely related field from an accredited institution.
- 10+ years of engineering experience, at least 5 years marine construction experience.
- AASHTO Temporary Works knowledge.
- Possess a broad knowledge and hands-on experience in design/construction of large scale heavy civil construction works.
- Possess knowledge and experience working with barges, cranes on barges, and works over the water.
- Bridge and Tunnel experience is considered a plus.
- Active Professional Engineer (PE) license in VA is strongly preferred.
- Experienced in use of design software structural analysis and proficiency with numerical computations; Knowledge of MicroStation is preferred.
- Strong all-around theoretical knowledge of structural engineering principles.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and presentation skills.
- Experience working directly for a general contract is a must for this position
- Possess excellent communication skills
Some of the benefits you may be eligible for as an employee are:
- Comprehensive compensation package and paid time off program
- Industry leading 401(k)/RRSP
- Medical/Extended Health Care, Dental, Vison and/or Provincial Medical
- Wellness benefits & Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
We are an EEO/AA/ADA/Veterans employer.
Posting ID: 584169309Posted: 2020-11-12