Exciting Opportunity to join Covance as an In-Life Study Technician in Madison, WI or Greenfield, IN!
LabCorp is a leading global life sciences company with a mission to improve health and improve lives. Combining world-class diagnostic solutions with its drug development business, Covance, LabCorp's cutting-edge technologies, unparalleled data, and growing menu of standard and highly-specialized tests not only inform and empower patients and providers but help medical, biotech, and pharmaceutical companies transform ideas into innovations. LabCorp's 65,000+ employees are pursuing critical advances in science and changing the delivery of healthcare while advancing essential vaccines, cancer-fighting breakthroughs, and life-changing treatments for rare diseases.
Advancing healthcare from the laboratory through the clinic requires many different strengths, experiences and perspectives of our exceptional people around the world. Explore our wide range of diverse opportunities and rewarding career pathways and see how you can work with an energizing purpose to discover your extraordinary potential.
About the Team:
- Animal Operations: In-Life:
- In this animal-based role, you'll collect, document and manage data that includes animal observations, test material administration and clinical samples. This is a hands on, physically demanding role working directly with animals daily.
The Study Technician provides primary care to the animals in the small and large animal toxicology department and performs routine invasive and non-invasive technical procedures on studies allocated to the team while ensuring that procedures are conducted according to protocol, SOP requirements, Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) and United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) regulations and the guidelines.
What to Expect:
- Collection, documentation, and management of pertinent data from animal observations, test material administration and clinical sample collection, tissue collection and process, or test material formulation
- Monitoring of animal health and welfare in compliance with the Animal Welfare Act
- Maintaining the facilities in accordance with the Association for Assessment and Accreditation of Laboratory Animal Care (AAALAC)
- Working in partnership with animal operations team to ensure study quality
- Assumes responsibility for one or more basic study types and prepares associated equipment, materials and data files
- Maintains high standards of animal room hygiene and presentation
- Captures a broad range of data utilizing the department's on-line data capture system and manually records data
- Under the direction of the Veterinarian and Study Director, provides necessary treatment to animals
- Assesses the clinical condition of animals and accurately records observations in accordance with defined terminology
- Overtime and weekend work as required.
- Mandatory immunizations and screening as required.
- May work with potentially hazardous substances not limited to known /potential teratogens or carcinogens and/or radiolabeled test materials.
- Work will require PPE (personal protective equipment).
- BA or BS is preferred; however, equivalent experience is acceptable
- Ability to routinely carry/lift loads of 20-50lbs; may occasionally lift >50 lbs.
- Applicants for this role must be a current student with intentions to graduate December 2020 or May 2021.
- Previous Animal Care Experience preferred
- Experience in GLP environment preferred
Posting ID: 584170900Posted: 2020-11-17