The Executive Director, Oncology Commercial, will be responsible for supporting Covance's position as an industry leader in the therapeutic area of oncology drug development. The Executive Director will partner with multiple segments across the LabCorp Enterprise; Diagnostics, Central Labs, Early Development, and Commercial Services including Covance Market Access. This role will work closely with the Enterprise Directors for Precision Medicine and the CDx Commercialization Team to define strategies, leveraging oncology diagnostic capabilities and enterprise oncology programs, to drive early visibility of oncology precision medicine programs and Covance CDx program capabilities and data through to commercialization. Additionally, the incumbent will analyze the needs of the client and competitive landscape to develop an end to end oncology strategic plan.
The Executive Director, Oncology Commercial will promote Covance's oncology capabilities through client and external scientific meetings to help grow the project and business portfolio. The incumbent will support the development and prompt delivery of proposals to prospective clients and support the Commercial organization in achieving commercial oncology success. Drug Development Team call points include the C-Suite and Heads of Biomarker & Discovery, Clinical Research, Research and Development and Commercialization- Market Access.
Essential Job Duties to include;
- Provide technical and strategic value while positioning the overall enterprise overall offerings.
- In collaboration with the DD Biomarker team and DD BD team, influence internal and external stakeholders to gain buy-in on one oncology vision as a trusted advisor.
- Identify operational gaps and develop strategies with key stakeholders in both drug development and diagnostics to ensure operational efficiency
- Helps coordinate robust offerings for Oncology proposals ensuring that all CVD and LH Oncology capabilities are considered in support client solutions
- Develops strategic plans for clients regarding their oncology needs to support their clinical development programs. Drives interactions across Labcorp segments to achieve enterprise growth objectives around greater impact in oncology
- Supports Clinical Oncology BDM process to ensure all CVD and LH Oncology capabilities are considered to support client solutions and differentiate Covance
- Participates in and/or lead client visits as a subject matter expert and company executive when this level of engagement is required
- Build relationship at the executive level with clients to drive business growth and lead partnership
- Works with key scientific leaders tying Companion Diagnostics, Biomarkers and Precision Medicine to oncology protocols
- Works directly with Commercial Onco Leader, Drug Development Commercial SVP and Business Unit Heads on Business Unit strategic planning and initiatives related to oncology
- Helps coordinate oncology related projects across Covance Drug Development and LabCorp Diagnostics
- Supports prompt delivery of proposals to prospective Clients
- Monitors progress of pending awards and supports commercial Organization in achieving the targeted WIN rate
- Monitors progress of awarded studies.
- Partners with Business Development Directors and Sales Directors to review oncology pipelines
- Partners on creation of oncology account plans, pipeline reviews, and monitors progress
- Provides objective input on operational issues to support continuous improvement
- Partners with Commercial segments of LabCorp Drug Development and Diagnostics to develop and foster client relationships to win new and repeat business.
- Leads engagements with Pharma Clients to ensure a clear understanding of LabCorp Drug Development and Diagnostics oncology capabilities and experience.
- Identifies the most appropriate SME's in DD and DX and coordinates - facilitates information deliver back to Pharma clients (meetings, correspondence, etc.)
- Develops and maintain a broad, in-depth understanding of the external ever changing oncology landscape
- Represents Covance at external scientific meetings.
- MS degree in biochemistry, molecular genetics or related field; MS or PhD preferred
- Strong technical and scientific oncology knowledge
- Fluency in spoken & written English
- Strong partnering and negotiating skills within cross functional teams
- Ability to provide strategic, scientific, and technical guidance regarding enterprise oncology capabilities
- Excellent verbal and written, communication, interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Strong time management & planning abilities
- Minimum 10+ years experience in oncology drug and clinical diagnostic development
- Industry experience in clinical diagnostics
- Ability to communicate professionally with customers, employees, and market influencers at all levels
- Experience presenting at external scientific meetings
Posting ID: 584170996Posted: 2020-11-03