While you care for others, Join a company that cares about YOU!
The Pharmacy Technician - Informatics Specialist/Automated Dispensing Cabinets functions as a non-clinical employee with the purpose of assisting the Pharmacists in installing, managing and filling of medications in Automated Dispensing Cabinets (ADC) in Skilled Nursing facilities (SNF).
Desired candidates will have experience with Automated dispensing systems such as TCGRX, Cubex, Pyxis, Omnicell, MedSelect and other various ADC's.
75% travel to local WNY facilities (company will reimburse travel cost)
- Knowledge and experience with pharmacy computer systems and automated medication dispensing systems required!
Our Excellent, Competitive Compensation, and a Full Benefit Package includes:
Competitive wages and opportunities for advancement
Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
401(k) with matching
Generous Paid Time Off
- Effectively utilizes TCGRX machines to create unit dose products to fill the ADCs.
- Is responsible for set up and installation of the ADC in assigned facilities.
- Processes and analyzes reports to maximize usage of meds in the system, which includes but not limited to, increasing par levels, removing low utilization volume/expiring products and adding new meds as requested.
- Fills the ADCs on daily basis based on the low/out-of-stock reports.
- Handles and processes returns and unloading of cubbies.
- Manages expiring products in the pharmacy and ADCs and places in the correct area for destruction and/or credit.
- Travels to assigned facilities to troubleshoot and maintains and supports the use of ADCs which includes filling of the narcotic cubbies.
- Conducts audits of ADCs in the facilities on a daily, weekly, monthly basis as required.
- Works with the DON and/or ADON on any discrepancies that may occur and seeks appropriate resolution.
- Fills out of paperwork as required by state and federal agencies such as DEA and BNE for use of the ADCs.
- Empties work area of refuse and HIPAA materials daily.
- Works with the Informatics Pharmacist, IT, Operations Manager to coordinate new roll outs to new facilities.
- Works with Pharmacy staff on training of new facility employees.
- Demonstrates knowledge and understanding of all policies and procedures and the ability to reference them.
- Maintains any required certifications, in-services, and training; remains up to date with best practices and any changes in operation of equipment.
- Actively participates in performance improvement and continuous quality improvement (CQI) activities.
- High School diploma or equivalent required along with Pharmacy Technician Certification
- At least (2) year of pharmacy automated dispensing and information technology experience required
- Knowledge and experience with pharmacy computer systems and automated medication dispensing systems required
- Current, valid driver license - 75% travel to local facilities
- Automated medication dispensing systems
Company Details: For over 20 years, Woodmark Pharmacy, located in Williamsville, NY has delivered comprehensive, cost-effective pharmacy services to long-term care facilities, senior living communities and other public health organizations in the greater northeastern U.S.
Posting ID: 584173948Posted: 2020-11-03