To design and plan equipment/technology for a global network, which includes, Ethernet over Fiber, EPON, DPOE, Ethernet over MPLS technologies. Qualified candidate will work closely with other teams and have the following key responsibilities:
- Selection of technology and equipment platforms to enable best in the class Ethernet services.
- Work closely with other engineering teams such as IP engineering and transmission engineering to ensure efficient network architecture.
- Qualification of equipment in a laboratory environment, which includes development of test requirements, test plans and qualification reports.
- Work closely with Service engineering, Sales, Operation to design and qualify Ethernet services.
- Support service rollout by developing provisioning guidelines and commissioning guidelines.
- Participating and contributing to different industrial forums such as Metro Ethernet Forum, Cablelabs.
- Architect, design and test Ethernet and IP networks (Ethernet over Fiber, Ethernet over PON, IPv4 & MPLS technologies).
- Knowledge of Layer 2 network design and standards, including Ethernet WAN technologies, MEF services (ELINE, ELAN, E-Tree, E-Access, EVPN), IEEE standards 802.1ad QnQ, 802.1q VLAN tagging, Ethernet OAM 802.3ah and 802.1ag.
- Knowledge of IPv4, IPv6, OSPF, BGP.
- Implementing a resilient network with redundancy and rapid fail over using MPLS, LACP, G8032.
- Implementing security - protection against flooding, denial of service, etc.
- Traffic management and optimization - traffic shaping, classification, policing, queuing, scheduling.
- Network Management, performance measurement, fault management, access security.
- Generate and implement Engineering Design Documentation for new network builds or augmentations. Includes engineering of all aspects of Layer 2 thru Layer 4.
- Perform network maintenance, diagnostics work and provide technical support to cross-organizational teams and engineering associates.
- Develop, provide and maintain positive communication with vendors for diagnosing and rectifying problems and candidate possesses strong inter-personal communication skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure, meeting multiple deadlines.
- Perform other duties as requested by supervisor.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with an ability to assimilate, analyze and correlate large amounts of forensic data from various network, operating system, application, and security devices, logs, and alerts.
- Bachelor's degree in electrical engineering or computer science is required. Master's degree is a plus.
- 2+ years' experience on network architecture and technology planning for Ethernet and/or IP networks in carrier and enterprise service provider environment.
- Ability to learn new technologies, troubleshoot IP and Ethernet services networks.
- Cisco CCNA or CCNP is plus.
- MEF CECP certification is a plus.
- Layer 2 and knowledge of MEF standards highly desirable.
- Working knowledge of layer 2 and layer 3 switching and routing protocols: i.e. IEEE801.1Q, QinQ, carrier ethernet, Y.1731, BGP, OSPF, MPLS.
Contact info: email@example.com
Posting ID: 584268805Posted: 2020-11-24