La Quinta by Wyndham is now seeking a Sr. Guest Experience Maker to join our team at the La Quinta by Wyndham Flagstaff location in Flagstaff, Arizona.
The Sr. (Lead) Guest Experience Maker is responsible for supervising the operation of the hotel’s front desk and ensuring efficient and exceptional service is provided to a wide variety of individuals on a daily basis, including: guests, potential guests, vendor partners and La Quinta team members.
Education & Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Must be able to fluently speak, read, write and understand English.
- Must possess and maintain valid licenses and/or certifications which are job related and required by law.
- At locations which operate a hotel courtesy van/shuttle, must possess and maintain a valid, current, non-restricted driver’s license if required to drive. Must also possess and maintain an acceptable driving history
- Previous hotel or customer service experience is required; prior supervisory experience preferred.
- Ability and willingness to work a variable schedule including morning, afternoon, evening, overnight shifts, weekends and holidays.
- Must be able to stand and walk for extended periods of time, often for a minimum of 2 hours at a time and possibly for the duration of the work shift.
- Must be able to intermittently bend, reach, kneel, twist and grip items while working.
- Must be able to maneuver through all areas of the front desk and office area.
- Must be able to lift up to 20 pounds and carry up to 10 pounds.
- Requires excellent hearing along with good near and distant vision.
- Must be able to view and access computer screens and keyboard functions.
- Must be able to type on a computer keyboard throughout the duration of the scheduled shift with the exception of scheduled breaks and/or lunch times.
- Must be able to verbally respond over the telephone, in a clear-speaking voice.
- Capable of working in a fast paced environment with stressful situations and adjusting to changing priorities.
- Must respond to multiple task interruptions, yet still provide service to individuals in a professional and courteous manner.
- May work alone or closely with others.
- Assist the General Manager with preparing Guest Experience Representative work schedules and ensuring staff adheres to schedules. Adjust schedules as needed to meet business needs.
- Perform assigned administrative duties such as daily reports, credit card reversals, bank deposits, accounts receivables, travel agent research, lost and found, rooming lists, office supply inventory, safety committee, etc.
- Train Guest Experience staff in technical duties, guest service skills and telephone sales skills.
- Advise and consult with General Manager in situations of poor employee performance and/or improper employee behavior that may require counseling and/or discipline.
- When applicable for a specific property, book group functions and meeting room space.
- May serve as Manager-on-Duty in the absence of the General Manager and Assistant General Manager
- Provide a friendly, welcoming experience by greeting guests as they enter the hotel. Welcome loyal guests and military members using the best practices outlined for each program. Ensure Elite guests receive the designated gift upon arrival.
- Provide all guests (including groups) with a friendly, accurate and efficient check-in / check-out process while following the company’s policies and procedures. Prepare for check-ins before the guest arrives by using the arrivals grid, preparing express check-ins, and planning for group arrivals. Ensure the front desk/lobby areas remain clean, organized and ready to greet guests.
- Verify and collect guest payments and identification, ensuring all procedures are followed to protect sensitive guest information including identity and credit card information. Process all financial transactions with strict adherence to defined procedures.
- Operate the hotel key control system while strictly following all key safety & security procedures.
- Place timely welcome calls to ensure each check-in guest has arrived to a freshly clean, inviting room with all amenities working. Set up wake-up calls as requested by guests to ensure they wake up refreshed and ready to take on the day.
- Requires regular, sometimes constant, contact with customers, outside agencies and the general public. Must have excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with many types of individuals and personalities.
- Excellent listening skills with the ability to accurately sense and respond to unspoken wants and needs of individuals.
- Proficiency to approach all encounters, regardless of the situation in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
- Excellent telephone skills particularly related to customer service and sales.
- Must be able to work with and secure sensitive and/or confidential material and information.
- Must be able to properly and confidently operate basic office software, machines and devices including computers, company issued hand-held electronics, copier, printers, etc.
- Must be self-motivated and able to work with little or no supervision, responding to and handling unfamiliar situations with little supervisory guidance.
- Strong independent judgment and decision-making skills are required to identify, select, and apply the most appropriate of available guidelines and procedures, interpret precedents, and adopt standard methods or practices to meet variations in facts and/or conditions.
- Must work well under pressure and remain calm during stressful situations.
Wyndham Hotels & Resorts is the largest hotel franchisor in the world and a leading hotel management company. We stand 20 brands strong across 9,000 hotels in more than 80 countries, and we offer the most diverse collection of hotel experiences in the world. Our iconic brands, united by the richest and simplest rewards program in the business, make hotel travel possible for all.
Our hotel owners are the stewards of our brands, and together, we champion everyday travelers. We believe guests deserve great experiences, and our robust portfolio-distinguished by our leading economy and midscale brands-delivers just that.
We are AmericInn® by Wyndham, Baymont® by Wyndham, Days Inn® by Wyndham, Dazzler® by Wyndham, Dolce Hotels and Resorts® by Wyndham, Esplendor® Boutique Hotels by Wyndham, Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham®, Howard Johnson® by Wyndham, La Quinta® Inns & Suites, Microtel by Wyndham®, Ramada Encore by Wyndham, Ramada Worldwide® by Wyndham, Super 8® by Wyndham, The Trademark Collection® by Wyndham, Travelodge® by Wyndham, TRYP by Wyndham®, Wingate by Wyndham®, Wyndham Garden®, Wyndham Grand® and Wyndham Hotels and Resorts®.
Headquartered in Parsippany, N.J. with offices around the globe in London, Shanghai, Buenos Aires, Dubai and more, Wyndham Hotels & Resorts employs approximately 15,000 team members worldwide.
Our Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Job Location: La Quinta by Wyndham Flagstaff, 2015 South Beulah Boulevard, Flagstaff, Arizona 86001
Employment Status: Full-time