Assistant Store Manager
The Assistant Store Manager (ASM) is responsible for supporting the Store Manager in the day-to-day store operations. The ASM is a key partner in meeting performance and profit goals. In partnership with the Store Manager, the ASM is responsible for customer and employee satisfaction, brand standards and store profitability. The ASM ensures exceptional customer experiences and supports our vision of being "Fast, Fresh & Friendly".
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Maintain and drive high standards and expectations around food quality, customer service, food safety and store cleanliness by empowering store employees.
• Supervise the day-to-day tasks of all store employees.
• Provide superior customer service to all customers: greeting, assisting, suggest selling and thanking each customer.
• Ensure a pleasant shopping experience for all customers, respond to customer complaints and inquires and lead by example.
• Ensure adherence to all Food Service Program procedures and standards, overseeing the successful daily operations and sanitation requirements of the program.
• Assist with the hiring, training and development of store employees.
• Motivate, encourage and challenge Customer Service Representatives.
• Lead by example to ensure all daily tasks are completed in the store. Appropriately delegate tasks to Customer Service Representatives and follow-up as necessary.
• Enforce established daily operating procedures to maintain a clean, adequately stocked, organized and well-kept store in order to provide a positive customer experience.
• Ensure all merchandise is stocked and displays are attractive, priced correctly and displayed in a safe manner.
• Complete daily paperwork and computer entry in a timely manner as established by management.
• Ensure the shift duty notebook is accurately maintained.
• Ensure execution of the safety, securfty and retail operations policies and procedures.
• Monitor competition in all areas of the company, including fuel and inside sales.
• Review and influence the profit and loss statement.
• Promote future growth by executing company strategies.
• Plan and prepare work schedules and coordinate daily assignments.
• Assume responsibility for special assignments and projects as needed.
• Provide support for the Store Manager/District Manager, as needed.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• High School Diploma or equivalent preferred
• Successful completion of store training
• Previous experience supervising others, preferred
• Must be at least 18 years old
• Computer literacy
• Strong food service experience preferred, ideally in a managerial role
• ServSafe certification preferred or successful completion of certification within 2 months of hire
• Strong focus on customer service and working with people
• Strong commitment to teamwork
• Strong leadership, team building and managerial skills
• Strong communication skills, with the ability to effectively communicate with employees, customers and vendors
• Strong analytical and organizational skills
• Ethical, honest, trustworthy, respectful, compassionate, supportive and patient
- Legally authorized to work in the United States
- 18 years or older