- Ability to represent A Culture of Caring and The Pursuit of ExcellenceÔ through the support of Big Y's Mission & Vision.
- Ability to demonstrate a passion for food through interactive sales techniques.
- Must project a clean and professional appearance.
- Must be a team player with a positive attitude and businesslike conduct.
- Ability to operate within Company policies, procedures, and standards.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule in accordance with the needs of the store.
- Attention to detail, accuracy, and follow-through.
- Ability to learn and utilize computer applications.
- Must be 18 years of age to operate machinery.
- Exceed our customers' evolving expectations by preparing the freshest quality product while providing World Class customer service and a pleasant and rewarding shopping experience.
- Ability to represent Big Y by working together with fellow Big Y employees to deliver an exceptional customer experience.
- Prepare, weigh, finish, slice, price, package, and stock product.
- Maintain proper department conditions and supplies (e.g., shelf, case, sales floor, backroom, freezer, cooler, etc.).
- Operate, clean, and reassemble equipment/machinery where applicable.
- Operate a cash register where applicable.
- Engage in and encourage continuous improvement through ideas and innovation (e.g., Chairman's Challenge).
- Adhere to all government employment and labor regulations, as well as all Company policies and procedures (e.g., employment laws concerning minors, harassment, discrimination, etc.).
- Adhere to all government foods safety and sanitation regulations, as well as all Company policies and procedures (e.g., processing, cleaning, culling, coding, rotating, maintaining proper temperatures, etc.).
- Adhere to all government safety regulations, as well as all Company policies and procedures (e.g., proper use of equipment, cleaning, straightening, sweeping, clearing unsafe conditions, etc.).
- Adhere to all Company loss prevention policies and procedures (e.g., controlling waste and utilities, damaged goods, reporting theft, etc.).
- Adhere to all Company procedures regarding store conditions as outlined in 5S (Sort and remove, Shine and inspect, Set locations and visual cues, Systematize, Stay the course).
- Complete all training requirements by respective due dates.
- Medium work: Lifting 50 lb. maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying of objects weighing up to 25 lbs.
- Continuously standing, walking, and handling.
- Frequently bending, reaching, balancing, and feeling.
- Occasionally squatting, climbing, kneeling, or crouching.
- Work in cold (freezer/cooler) as needed.
Posting ID: 587369301Posted: 2020-11-16