Assumes responsibility for performing basic respiratory care for adult and pediatric patients, under general supervision and upon passing proficiency testing. May perform various respiratory monitoring and evaluation procedures for patients of all ages upon completion of didactic coursework and orientation.
Job Description Responsibilities:
- Performs respiratory therapy assessment with the guidance of a Registered Respiratory Therapist.
- Provides basic respiratory therapy modalities to both adult and pediatric patients.
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate.
- Attends in-service education lectures, programs, seminars and other educational opportunities.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Actively enrolled in an accredited Respiratory Therapy program or on the job trainee prior to 1986.
- After selection and placement into the position, six months of on-the-job training to become familiar with equipment, develop the ability to perform independently and learn additional responsibilities specific to the institution.
Complexity of Work
- Must possess a current temporary limited permit to practice Respiratory Care (RCLP-L1) in the State of Ohio.
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
- Prior experience in critical care preferred. Neonatal/pediatric experience preferred when appropriate for site.
- Prior experience performing invasive procedures preferred when appropriate for site.
Personal Protective Equipment
- Physical demands include the ability to walk and stand for long periods of time; having the ability to perform duties while walking, standing, stooping and lifting.
- Normal hearing and vision or corrected to normal range.
- Requires the ability to lift materials weighing 50 lbs. or more, push wheeled equipment, and assist in the lifting and repositioning of patients.
- Must have strong hand-eye coordination, full range of body motion and manual finger dexterity to manipulate equipment.
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
The policy of Cleveland Clinic and its system hospitals (Cleveland Clinic) is to provide equal opportunity to all of our employees and applicants for employment in our tobacco free and drug free environment. All offers of employment are followed by testing for controlled substance and nicotine. Job offers will be rescinded for candidates for employment who test positive for nicotine. Candidates for employment who are impacted by Cleveland Clinic's Smoking Policy will be permitted to reapply for open positions after 90 days. Decisions concerning employment, transfers and promotions are made upon the basis of the best qualified candidate without regard to color, race, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, ancestry, status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran or any other characteristic protected by law. Information provided on this application may be shared with any Cleveland Clinic facility.
Cleveland Clinic is pleased to be an equal employment employer: Women/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Posting ID: 588102083Posted: 2020-11-19